amuck-landowner

vpsBoard contest (2/3) Win free domains!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Howdy,

While we still have contest #1 running, we're opening the second competition. This time the contest will run for just 2 weeks.

The Prizes:

Free domain give-away! The top 3 users at the end of the voting will receive a domain from NameCheap of their choice (less than or equal to $15 - http://www.namecheap.com/domains/domain-pricing.aspx).

The Competition:

The top 3 tutorials (judged by other members) win a free domain, you can write as many tutorials as you like and it is possible to win more than 1 domain.

The tutorial(s) must be based around hosting meaning it can be a guide to use cPanel or a tutorial on how to setup your first KVM VPS, we welcome all ideas! The only rule is that the tutorial must be written for vpsBoard meaning that vpsBoard must be the first place the tutorial is posted. This is just to give everyone a fair chance however you may post your tutorial else where after it has been submitted to vpsBoard.

This contest will end on Friday, May 30th at 5PM EST when voting will begin until Saturday, June 6th at 5PM EST. All users may cast upto 3 votes each and we will contact the winning authors to have their domain(s) registered.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please let us know.

Stand by for more contests where you can win more hosting, domains, credits for other sites, and much more!

Ivan

Verified Provider
Keep these contests coming :)
Referral and tutorial writing isn't my thing (as I am not as good compared to the others around here), so I'll be looking forward to the third contest depending on what it is. 

Thank you admins for these contests, a nice welcome to us who came from LET after today (and yesterday's?) drama.

Nick

Keep these contests coming :)

Referral and tutorial writing isn't my thing (as I am not as good compared to the others around here), so I'll be looking forward to the third contest depending on what it is.

Thank you admins for these contests, a nice welcome to us who came from LET after today (and yesterday's?) drama.
Thanks for the great feedback! You'll most likely see a new contest up in a week. If they're a success, we'll keep them coming :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Afterburst-Charlie

Verified Provider
Great initiative, hopefully this will raise the bar a bit and get the old mentality back. Best of luck to anyone wanting to enter the competition.

GVH-Jon

Banned
Sounds great! :) I'll get started on some tutorials soon and hopefully others will join in as well. If I do happen to win though I won't be taking the domain, it can be given to someone else or the money can be donated to benefit the board.

jcaleb

If you'll have another contest, I'll donate a prize. A postcard from me. But the winner will have to wait a few months to receive the prize of course

Marc M.

Phoenix VPS
Verified Provider
What can I say, I like em big :p. Will edit it out later tonight :)
@SeriesN well, last night came and went :p - You could actually have your cool logo as the signature with some hidden text for SEO as your signature. It's just an idea :D - hope you like it.

SeriesN

Verified Provider
@SeriesN well, last night came and went :p - You could actually have your cool logo as the signature with some hidden text for SEO as your signature. It's just an idea :D - hope you like it.
Ahh, that would work :D. Need to be more creative :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner