amuck-landowner

vpsBoard Random Downtime

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Cost.

I'll have a fiddle with MannDude later when he's around.

When I say fiddle with MannDude, I mean look at tweaking/changing things.

When I say things, I mean php/apache/nginx

You guyyss.
It's not so much cost, as it could be done with VPSes but more or less the time and headache involved. I don't want an overly complicated setup that requires me to pull my hair out when/if something goes wrong and my time is unfortunately limited due to working a full time job and trying to have a life off the computer too. ;)

The setup should be as such that if you or Don aren't around, I don't have to stop what I'm doing in the middle of my work day and be distracted by spending time focusing on vpsBoard when I should be focusing on my job. That'd get me fired. If I'm at work now, and notice the site 'down', usually it takes 30 seconds to bring it back and I don't think anyone would be upset at me for taking 30 seconds to restart nginx/php.

Mun

Never Forget
Backups run every two hours so, at even number hours (EST) it lags for about 30 seconds. So at 00:00, 02:00. 04:00, etc this happens.

Otherwise I've not really noticed any performance issues. Last week there was a day where I had to restart nginx/php a few times, but that (for me) is semi-rare. Maybe once or twice a month I'll notice it myself. 

I'll see what options are available. I've not outgrown the www-server VPS in terms of resources, so I need to see how to better use these resources to stop this from happening. 

Take your:

location ~ .php$ {

}

add put a proxy pass to a backend proxy pass for apache. It works wonders!

Mun

amuck-landowner