amuck-landowner

vpsBoard Theme

Dylan

^

Other than "View New Content" itself "Mark Community Read" is the function I use the most often here.

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Thanks for your patience guys. How is it now?

Due to some conflict with the "View New Content" link in it's existing position I moved it to the regular nav-bar which did a few things:

• Fixed the 'bug' where if you click the 'new content' link from a PM or profile view it'd display new members instead of new forum posts. If clicked from 'The Library' it'd default show new articles instead of forum content. Now it defaults to new forum content regardless of what page it is displayed on.
  • Fixed a CSS bug that I couldn't figure out how to correct where it'd make the header 'bounce' when links in the nav-bar were hovered over on the new content page. Was quite annoying.

Mark Community Read is now in the header as well.

Ideally i'd like that last URL shown in the navbar to be the new content one, though 'Mark Community Read' will be stuck there instead for now. I'm unable to add that URL to the global nav-bar and instead had to add it manually in each theme after the navbar code. It's actually being called in the code with:

{parse url="app=forums&module=forums&section=markasread&marktype=all&k={$this->member->form_hash}

And as such didn't play nice as a URL using the navbar editor in the backend. Since the URL changes due to the hash for each member it's going to have to be added manually for the time being.

Regardless, I think it's better than how it was before.

Thoughts?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Also, thanks to @danni for pointing me in the right direction to fix some earlier CSS issues as well. With his help got the horizontal scroll issue sorted out and some general spacing/tackiness issues resolved. Thanks!

Dylan

Much better, thanks! As long as Mark Read and View New Content are near the top and close together, I'm happy. Doesn't much matter where they are beyond that.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Be even better if you'd replace the 'members' link with a DSD link so I'd remember to visit it more often. :D
Meh, no one uses that site. I'm impressed you remember it exists. I've not been able to properly focus on it and providers don't like taking 10 minutes to submit an offer if it doesn't have immediate results afterwards.

I've been thinking of just diplaying an RSS feed of recent vpsB offers and calling it a day. I've been slacking and have just been repeating the same offers over and over for the past... forever. As an alternative I may try to hire someone who is good with Python to implement some changes I want but DSD is more or less dead as of right now. I may also task someone with importing offers since the provider submitted offer idea doesn't seem to be working out. We'll see. That's for a different thread / discussion though.

amuck-landowner