amuck-landowner

VPSCorner.co.uk suddenly disappears; clients reporting downtime

Gallaeaho

Verified Provider
It would appear as though VPSCorner (a provider known for its offshore location of Moldova) has suddenly closed up shop and ran.

Reading this thread and this thread, it seems as though the host claimed to have been in dispute with their DC, whom was allegedly making up charges.

Their site (as of this post) redirects to a cPanel "success" page on Prometeus' server, and their Facebook page seems to have been deleted.

Any theories?

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Yikes. Yet another case to stress the importance of MAKING YOUR OWN BACKUPS.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Did they only ever sell in Moldova?

There was an email they sent out that said that (one of?) their datacenters was making up charges.

If this is true, maybe it's why GetKVM also sold themselves?

Francisco

nunim

VPS Junkie
Yes?

He sold his brand to one of his datacenters (I think?) a month or so ago.

Francisco
http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/13157/getkvm-acquired-by-bradler-krantz-co-kg/p1

we are pleased to announce that Bradler & Krantz & Co. KG has acquired the VPS hosting provider GetKVM.com and its assets in September 2013. This includes all VPS nodes in Germany, Moldava and the USA.

Founded in 1999 and headquarted in Bochum, Germany, Bradler & Krantz is one of the most established European hosts. With this acquisition, Bradler & Krantz strengthens its position in the virtual server and cloud market.

Nothing will change for you in the foreseeable future. GetKVM will operate indendently and the current prices and as well as the technical infrastructure will remain unchanged.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.

Best Regards, Daniel Bradler
Bradler & Krantz are behind ProviderService.com/ProviderDienste.de.

I'm sure he'll be back with another brand by the end of the year ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Erawan

This is the second time, Ash sold the business.

First, vmport, and next getkvm. Maybe he will just start another brand next time. And after that, will it be sold again or not, that's another questions next year.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
This is the second time, Ash sold the business.

First, vmport, and next getkvm. Maybe he will just start another brand next time. And after that, will it be sold again or not, that's another questions next year.
I dunno. I don't think either brand banked him the amount of money he needed from them to live comfortably.

I think he went into each of them with the right mentality and had funds reserved, but he had issues at one point with one of his US locations and was in the midst of closing it.

I think if Ash returns, it'll be as a sales rep for a well established brand. Who knows, maybe we'll get Ashdam.

Francisco

amuck-landowner