amuck-landowner

VPS's .. The dangers of doing business with idiots

AuroraZero

I don't see why the client should have been discontinued and refunded really... 

Seems like the client could benefit from more knowledge and consulting by you @.

Security is a big laundry list of things....  

Real companies, running real businesses, employ people to deal just with this aspect of the business --- just like they employ finance folks, marketing people, janitors, etc.

There is WAY too much emphasis on people being know-it-alls in these small companies.  That's just darn near impossible.

Certainly would like to see more consultants with businesses handling things like you were Monk and helping with security practices and better configs.

It is coming my friend sooner then most realize ..... yet.

I don't see why the client should have been discontinued and refunded really... 

Seems like the client could benefit from more knowledge and consulting by you @.

Security is a big laundry list of things....  

Real companies, running real businesses, employ people to deal just with this aspect of the business --- just like they employ finance folks, marketing people, janitors, etc.

There is WAY too much emphasis on people being know-it-alls in these small companies.  That's just darn near impossible.

Certainly would like to see more consultants with businesses handling things like you were Monk and helping with security practices and better configs.
Personal ethics and liability, really. I did not want to work on a server that was hacked (or use this server for development). After voicing my concerns, they were quickly shunned. I was hired to write a module, not do security for them. (And I wouldn't do security for them anyways)

amuck-landowner