amuck-landowner

VPSWiki.us Ideas?

Mun

Never Forget
So http://vpswiki.us/ has been coming right along, and I was curious on what else you guys may like on it? Is there other information that you might want? Should there be a new section? Give me some ideas and lets get it bigger!

Mun

shawn_ky

Perhaps what equipment is typically used... (even better if providers would state what they are using...)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
More provider profiles.

Perhaps what equipment is typically used... (even better if providers would state what they are using...)

I've been working on these. Only have 15 providers in the spreadsheet so far, but list network mixes, datacenter locations and datacenters used. Hardware utilized (their words), specs of hardware nodes, etc. Is hardware rented, owned, or a mix? Etc. Happy to share it.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Adding more profiles on providers is work, but you are going to have to bite the bullet and plow through that.

Mun

Never Forget
More provider profiles.
The biggest thing in this case is who should I add? I don't know everyone, but I do know a lot of you?

Hmm, do you mean like a cat /proc/cpuinfo, or something else?

I've been working on these. Only have 15 providers in the spreadsheet so far, but list network mixes, datacenter locations and datacenters used. Hardware utilized (their words), specs of hardware nodes, etc. Is hardware rented, owned, or a mix? Etc. Happy to share it.
Is this public information Manndude, if so could I use it on vpswiki.us?

Mun

shawn_ky

Hmm, do you mean like a cat /proc/cpuinfo, or something else?
I'd like to know SuperMicro, HP, Dell, etc.  What types of CPUs, Memory, disk configurations, how many racks, etc.  Not like we have 3 of these, 5 of these, etc, but more of a loose we tend to go with Supermicro, etc. Perhaps it doesn't matter, but would be nice. I think part of me is more of a consumer/tech that likes certain brands, another part would be nice to know how big or small a provider may be. This may of course be something that no one wants to provide or not really relevant.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
The biggest thing in this case is who should I add? I don't know everyone, but I do know a lot of you?
Well, I'd start with the perceived industry (low end and mixed market we have here) and the believed-to-be popular hosts.

Popularity should equal more interest.  Once those companies are in there, others should/might notice and have interest in their own corporate profiles.

amuck-landowner