amuck-landowner

WebHostingTalk Worst of the Hosting Industry

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
Guy sounds like the American boxing commentator Max Kellerman. :D

I read that too fast and thought it was an MST3K joke about Max Keller from "Master Ninja":

Never understood what the underlying issue was with his view towards WHT. I suspect services were bought from a Corp member that turned out to be not so good. Although there was a point where people like Greenvaluehost along with others figured out how to get a Corp membership without paying for it. They were all subsequently banned when it was discovered.

He was like a LowEndDrMike. And DrMike was like a LowEndCarlBernstein. I think some people get off by fancying themselves as investigative reporters or something.

bitpeso

Interesting thread. Wow, it has gone off the rails from when it began a while ago. I see the latest post has something that seems familiar. ;) I arrived here after doing a search related to WHT that had to do with an issue a company I deal with faced. At one time they were the game. They will survive and aren't going under any time soon. That gives their moderators the ability to abuse at will. They seem to enjoy smacking around members for the most minor issues and watching them beg for their privileges back. Our lead gen there was never anything to write home about and we did far better elsewhere, including low end places. ;)

Considering that so much has moved on since their heyday, I haven't been back and others I know have moved on, not caring to deal with the childish attitude and potential for having to deal with problems over minor forgettable issues. It's their sandbox. They can fill it up with turds if they wish. The answer is to move on.

DaFlame76

Interesting thread. Wow, it has gone off the rails from when it began a while ago. I see the latest post has something that seems familiar. ;) I arrived here after doing a search related to WHT that had to do with an issue a company I deal with faced. At one time they were the game. They will survive and aren't going under any time soon. That gives their moderators the ability to abuse at will. They seem to enjoy smacking around members for the most minor issues and watching them beg for their privileges back. Our lead gen there was never anything to write home about and we did far better elsewhere, including low end places. ;)

Considering that so much has moved on since their heyday, I haven't been back and others I know have moved on, not caring to deal with the childish attitude and potential for having to deal with problems over minor forgettable issues. It's their sandbox. They can fill it up with turds if they wish. The answer is to move on.

I have to agree. This thread has drifted far from the original topic.

As for WHT, I've had similar experiences with them. They seem to have acquired an elitist attitude.
I was very polite with them in parting, but I won't go back there now. I hate to speak negative of any group, but they probably have their reasons for being like that. Many people trying to abuse their rights. Also, their web interface feels archaic like something out of the 90s it needs an overhaul. I prefer this one.

Vovaze

I agree with your opinion. Its better to move on than to argue because you cannot get anything in return.

amuck-landowner