amuck-landowner

Well that was fun

VPSCorey

Verified Provider
Yeah you could of just shopped at tiger direct.. did that once and credit card was raped and the ass sent tons of random crap to my parents house where I was between getting out of the Army and starting my first job out of the Army.

Had one smart guy actually call me asking if I was really ordering 100 cdrom drives (yes dating myself here) from China.

KS_Phillip

Verified Provider
lmfao, your bank is pretty good then.
heh.  HSBC is pretty helpful if you have enough money with them.  Doesn't mean they aren't evil, corrupt bastards though.  I was able to clear up the fraudulent charges with a phone call, took about half an hour (going through all transactions)

Damian

Verified Provider
I travel a lot for various things. I have a specific credit card from my employer to use for purchasing things while out and about. A lot of gas stations require you to enter the zip code for the credit card you're using. I can never remember what the zip code for the card is.

So I used my personal debit card to buy gas for the rental car in Columbus, Ohio. This caused USAA to freak out hardcore and freeze my bank accounts. I called them, and USAA sent me a new card, but eventually allowed me to use my existing card until the new card arrived. 

NetWatcher

Verified Provider
Black joke if you ask me :D

But I had similar situation like 2-3 months ago. I got like 10 SMS with notification that someone tried to use my credit card with British Airways, few American Airways, etc... 

First I was shocked... Then I started thinking "where they stole my data?"... But relaxing fact were that this card were empty long time before this issue happened :)

Anyway, answer on my question "where they stole my data?" I got like 2 weeks after notification about failed transactions. It was from CrackBerry store... I bought some small thing for my Blackberry their data base were compromised... 

Even in their email with notification they said that "maybe leaked"... 

And like 2 years ago, I got similar issue. Where I really lost some money and website who had leak never came to me, so I don't know where it leaked... Of course I succeeded to return most of the funds (except some smaller amounts, because each CC provider have some minimum for chargeback), but still it's waste of time for chargeback who took like month or so. 

===

At least Adobe here notified people, if that means anything... And I really think that no matter what happens, clients should be aware of issue. 

It is shame for company to have such problems. But those days, it can happen to anyone. And after all, every company  at least should act Honestly. 

Last edited by a moderator:

HostUS-Alexander

Verified Provider
I use my credit/debit card every day, but only for small things (£1-50) So i asked my bank to limit my card to £100 maximum withdraw/day.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Reminds me of a letter from Visa (about 2 years ago) where they told me:

Here's your new card - old one was leaked by one of our payment processors.
They should at least name them.

shovenose

Verified Provider
I use my credit/debit card every day, but only for small things (£1-50) So i asked my bank to limit my card to £100 maximum withdraw/day.
That would suck for me. I would be unable to pay for servers, or do computer builds for people. There are days that I do a lot of little things like domains and that even adds up to like $100 and there are days that I legitmately do $1500 at once from Newegg or MA LABS or both for computer builds for clients, and that would obviously not work to limit it :(

amuck-landowner