amuck-landowner

WeLoveServers (VPS Hosting in 6 locations) - adds Orlando, FL & London, UK locations

Oxide

WeLoveServers is proud to announce that we have further expanded our global presence, with the addition of Orlando, FL and London, UK.

We understand the need to have diversity and location variety as a global web hosting provider serving thousands of customers worldwide, and have been working behind the scenes for the past couple months to be able to bring forth these new location offerings.

WeLoveServers is partnering with the DimeNOC datacenter in Orlando, Florida, just ~5ms to Miami! Our friends in South America and the east coast can enjoy premium connectivity on the tier 1 network.

Our Maidstone, Kent UK location is all part of the greater London area, located in the CustodianDC with a 10G network composing of Level3 and London exchange peers.

At this time, WeLoveServers offers VPS hosting in 6 markets:

• Los Angeles, California
  • Dallas, Texas
  • Buffalo, New York
  • Orlando, Florida
  • Frankfurt, Germany
  • London, United Kingdom
Orlando, FL:

Test IP Address: 72.29.70.131
Test File 128MB http://72.29.70.131/128mbfile.tgz

Kent (London) UK:

Test IP Address: 109.73.162.6
Test File 128MB http://109.73.162.6/128mbfile.tgz

We are extremely grateful to our customers for making such expansions possible. Your support is appreciated!

Alto

Maidstone has never been, and never will be 'London'.

Edit: it's not Greater London either.

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Are you guys by chance related to IOFlood at all?

Looking into this I see Gabe owns the .com version of your domain as well as has the IOFlood slogan, We Love Servers. (and email address of [email protected])... So was just wondering if you were related to them in anyway.

I recall Gabe / Funkywizard on WHT being a very helpful dude on WHT.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Maidstone has never been, and never will be 'London'.

Edit: it's not Greater London either.
Yup. Maidenhead is next to London, and Maidstone is quite outside.

40 miles or 1 hour by car.

But don' compare that to Buffalo - that is 370 miles away from New York City.

SeriesN

Verified Provider
Are you guys by chance related to IOFlood at all?

Looking into this I see Gabe owns the .com version of your domain as well as has the IOFlood slogan, We Love Servers. (and email address of [email protected])... So was just wondering if you were related to them in anyway.

I recall Gabe / Funkywizard on WHT being a very helpful dude on WHT.
We love servers is a registered trademark my IOFlood if I recall correctly hence he owns the .com. I am more than 100% sure that they are not related.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
We love servers is a registered trademark my IOFlood if I recall correctly hence he owns the .com. I am more than 100% sure that they are not related.
Ah.. Well, in that case, I assume that may be an issue then?

Alto

Yup. Maidenhead is next to London, and Maidstone is quite outside.

40 miles or 1 hour by car.

But don' compare that to Buffalo - that is 370 miles away from New York City.
To be fair, given that the is much smaller the UK is than the US, it's on a par with the NY/Buffalo issue.

in terms of literal distance, 370 miles from London could get you to Wales comfortably, and just about to major cities in Scotland.

Oxide

No, it's not a registered trademark, and we are not affiliated with them. Thank you for your interest Nahian.

Jack

To be fair, given that the is much smaller the UK is than the US, it's on a par with the NY/Buffalo issue.

in terms of literal distance, 370 miles from London could get you to Wales comfortably, and just about to major cities in Scotland.
296 Miles from Maidstone to Amsterdam in NL.

DearLeaderJohn

So the USA is approximately 40 times larger than the UK in land area (3.794 million sq miles / 94058 sq miles) so we can use a scale factor of 40 when doing comparisons. Using this we can work out that the UK equivalent of Buffalo would be just over 9 miles from London. And that the US equivalent of the Kent DC would be around 1600 miles away from New York City so I'm not buying the whole "it's close enough to be classed as London" otherwise we could be allowed to say Buffalo could be classed as NYC easily.

PS don't quote me on specific numbers it's 2AM and I'm half asleep :p

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I am not the first person to stumble into thefunkywizard / Gabe with the clear attachment to the weloveservers.com domain name and even more evident use of email addresses and slogans related to this "brand".  Let me say, I am not saying Gabe is involved, but rather the unrelated weloveservers.net is a wholesale ripoff of sorts.

The whois info bears this info:

weloverservers.com  - Creation Date: 2012-02-09 19:50:52

weloveservers.net - Creation Date: 23-nov-2012

There we see Gabe, the owner of I/O Flood (Phoenix, Arizona, USA) registered the .com 9 months prior to this other company.

A review of I/O Floods current website shows dead center above the navigation:

We Love Servers.

( source: http://ioflood.com/index.php )

The URL: http://we.love.servers.at.ioflood.com 

That again is Gabe's brand and work.

How about Gabe's signature on WHT:

IOFLOOD.com -- We Love Servers
Need Moar Ram? 12 core 72gb ram servers are here!
Email (sales [at] ioflood . com) or skype "funkywizard" for details.The WeLoveServers domain mixup is really, umm, suspect.

Now, this all could be an isolated weird coincidence or some novices unfamiliar with the industry.  Here's where I think all that goes out the window:

We were in business under ThrustSites.com offering web hosting and design services since last year, however it was a conflict with another company (ThrustVPS) so for branding purposes, we decided to rename our company name to "We Love Servers" which reflects our love and passion for servers, and this rebrand allowed our company to expand to the VPS market.

If you have any other concerns please let me know.

[ source: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/8550/weloveservers-2-locations-los-angeles-and-dallas-512mb-vps-3-50-mo-or-2gb-ram-vps-15-quarter ]
WeLoveServers.net formerly was running as ThrustSites.com, a domain with no like name conflicts.  But somehow ThrustVPS took issue with the name "similarity"?!?!  That necessitated the change to WeLoveServers.net, a .net domain that wholesale rips off IO Flood, a company that is well known and well liked in the industry.

So if this is to be believed, you fellows surely didn't learn about intellectual property during you first mis-attempt.

I'd be half assed if I didn't point out that ThrustVPS is/was owned by none other than the infamous Rus Foster.

Whois info spills out curious "links" to Foster still, until this day:

Registrant:
ThrustVPS
Spectrum House
Clivemont Road
Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7FW
GB

Domain name: THRUSTVPS.COM

Administrative Contact:
Master, Web [email protected]
Spectrum House
Clivemont Road
GB
+44.2071060730
Technical Contact:
Master, Web [email protected]
Spectrum House
Clivemont Road
GB
+44.2071060730
Right, no info, kind of semi-anonymous.   Now after searching for a phone number match, up comes damnvps.com, with this identical and less anonymous info:

Registrant:
VirtualServers
Spectrum House
Clivemont Road
Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 2FT
GB

Domain name: DAMNVPS.COM

Administrative Contact:
Foster, Russell [email protected]
Spectrum House
Clivemont Road
GB
+44.2071060730
Technical Contact:
Foster, Russell [email protected]
Spectrum House
Clivemont Road
GB
+44.2071060730
If Foster was gone from Thrust, 2 years back like some claim (when he went to vps.net) you would think his details would be removed from the DNS.

-------------------

I have my reservations about WeLoveServers.net and who and what is behind them.  The domain info points to ChicagoVPS and the name servers are sitting there on same subnet, 1 IP apart.  

The datacenter locations are all the bottom of the barrel cheap locations.  CC + HostDime being two of the shadiest networks in the United States for many years.

Oxide

To be fair, it's not a registered trademark. Example, I know of multiple hosting providers with the word "liquid" in them while LiquidWeb owns the trademark. I could go on and on with further examples. Yet our name is not even a registered trademark. Honestly, I can say that we mean no harm to anyone intentionally, we have a huge passion for servers just like everyone else here and figured it'd be a cool company name.

We have alot of our US dedicated servers on RTO via ChicagoVPS that is correct, but we do not resell their VPS as we manage our own nodes. We have been indirectly using ColoCrossing for a while now as ChicagoVPS has racks with them, I have no major complaints or problems about their datacenters or network other than the lack of native IPv6 support which I've been told will be changing soon. I fully understand a lot of community hatred on this forum encompasses CC+CVPS, but I choose to not partake in them as what others say do not match our experience with them. My concern is the satisfaction of my customers, the ColoCrossing network and RTO deals with CVPS allows me to provide that and offer competitive pricing. The service works well with no complaints and we received a fair RTO deal on dedis. Our customers are happy and we are happy. :)

I'm not sure why you would say HostDime operates a shady network, they run a tight ship and have a well organized facility .. They also have native IPv6 support (woohoo) and WeLoveServers customers hosted in Orlando can request it immediately.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
We have alot of our US dedicated servers on RTO via ChicagoVPS that is correct, but we do not resell their VPS as we manage our own nodes. We have been indirectly using ColoCrossing for a while now as ChicagoVPS has racks with them, I have no major complaints or problems about their datacenters or network other than the lack of native IPv6 support which I've been told will be changing soon.

I fully understand a lot of community hatred on this forum encompasses CC+CVPS, but I choose to not partake in them as what others say do not match our experience with them. My concern is the satisfaction of my customers, the ColoCrossing network and RTO deals with CVPS allows me to provide that and offer competitive pricing. The service works well with no complaints and we received a fair RTO deal on dedis. Our customers are happy and we are happy. :)
There is no hate, stop saying that if you get some head wind, Look at the reviews of CC based hosts - e.g. my reviews of BuyVM or BlueVM.

A lot of people here do have the feeling that a "new to the forum" host, which tries to hide something, might be suspicious. And if you add CC/CVPS to that mix you might find some people that like to expose things in a ... harsh way.

Just a grown caution for hosters that offer certain locations. Shiny hosters ended up as resellers or shell companies.

If you own your own hardware and routers - so you just depend on your dc giving you power and upstreams - it is a good start.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Thanks @Oxide.

The problem with the weloveservers brand is that issue with your last brand.  Neither company name and the offended parties had any "official" government trademark registration.  Most folks aren't spending money with legal to that degree.

Yes, cool name, all claims aside.

Little issue under law, at least within the United States is that trademarks do not require registration and government issuance of control/rights over such.

You are in the very same industry as the should-be-offended party.  That party (IOFlood) is well established and known to use the We Love Servers slogan for a period of time exceeding your existence.  Plus that issue where the .com domain is owned by IOFlood and was prior to your name switch.

None of this should be news.   There were comments I believe on LEB about this in the past.  Good defense in case of legal threat?

As for the CVPS + CC stuff, blah.  Only reason why I even mentioned it was to save someone else from needing to point it out later.     Glad they are doing right by you.    IPV6 :)  Yeah, maybe they'll have that by the time we need the next generation IP schema.  Don't hold your breath too long ;)

HostDime, yes +1 for IPV6 natively.  Good operation, ho hum.  Let's just say many years of buying and watching say otherwise.  Are they getting better down there? Sure, but who isn't?

AnthonySmith

Verified Provider
Congratulations on the expansion.

As for the usual conspiracy theories, go sniff some grass and take in some air.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Yeah WELOVESERVERS means no harm and doesn't recognize prior use of the We Love Server slogan...

So true that they went and did this:

Trademark Info

Mark:

86423645.jpg

Word Mark:

WELOVESERVERS

Serial Number:

Registration Number:

Pending

Filing Date:

October 14, 2014

Goods and Services: