We've all done it...

Discussion in 'Coding, Scripting & Programming' started by 24/7/365, Sep 5, 2014.

1. 24/7/365

24/7/365 New Member Verified Provider

Nov 4, 2013
    You're coding away and you need some placeholder text so you think up something unique but your humour gland takes control and you enter something innocent sounding but silly..

Cue the Law of Unintended Consequences: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-29077702

What was your worst Kung Fu Panda moment?

fixidixi likes this.
  2. Francisco

Francisco Company Lube Verified Provider

May 15, 2013
    I can't think of worst, but the latest one I did was when I was coding a new "Contact Us" page into WHMCS.

The one provided by them doesn't support Amazon SES, gmail, or any other SMTP service that validates what

the 'from' address is. WHMCS actually forges the source email instead of properly using the ReplyTo headers.

Anyway, while writing it I screwed up and had to send the email.... to the person that submitted form,

and not to ourselves.

Woops.

Francisco

3. 24/7/365

24/7/365 New Member Verified Provider

Nov 4, 2013
    That's not too embarrassing - at least that's just an accident.

I've left embarrassing comments to myself to tidy up bits of code which I naturally forgot about.

fixidixi likes this.
  4. OpticServers

OpticServers New Member Verified Provider

Nov 27, 2014
    LOL... I would laugh so much when that "technical error" is really a table that just puts everyone into disney characters depending on there ethnicity  :lol: and they did not select the right row to get the name from xD

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2014
  5. GreenHostBox

GreenHostBox New Member Verified Provider

Apr 24, 2014
    That Kung Fu Panda incident is too funny~~   :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  6. Varcoe

Varcoe New Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Lol racial stereotyping.. Pretty epic mistake though.