amuck-landowner

What do you like in a billing system?

Enterprisevpssolutions

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
What do admins and clients look for in a billing system? If you started building a system from the ground up and you had or wanted certain features and modules added what would they be? We are asking this question because we are starting to build one and would like to get the options of everyone and get a good perspective on what the client is looking for in functionality and look and what the admins really need or would like to see.

Features, security, open code for easy integration and fast interface.

Damian

Verified Provider
I like an upgrade interface that works properly. WHMCS's has been so broken since 5.3.13 or so.

jvkz

Verified Provider
A system where clients can order everything from a single page and from admin point of view a system that is mostly auto

Schultz

Reliability, Customizbility, Easy deployment & self-healing systems in place to automatically fix things if things went wrong. Open source would be nice too so everyone can contribute. 

Everything properly security tested & bug tested - wouldn't want another WHMCS incident.

All in all, if its easy to use & has developers backing it, it'll be accepted by the industry. Nonetheless, goodluck!

Sam

Verified Provider
I personally would like something:

• Which has a simple "base" (i.e. not too much functionality on the default install, just the basics).
  • A lot supported, mostly free mods which bring the features in line with WHMCS.
  • Mods should be easy to install.
  • Reliable, Secure and Fast.

Onra Host

Verified Provider
Security, Security, and more Security! WHMCS code is messy and often requires updates once or even twice a month, just because of some security issue. A clean, tested code is all I ask for in terms of securing my customers data. 

amuck-landowner