amuck-landowner

What is going on with this Board

Mun

Never Forget
There is a ton of downtime, and I know  it is because of a DDOS, but still it is flaky at best. 10 Minutes all good, then really really slow, and then nothing at all. (repeat)

I think I just am going to go work on my own stuff. (Sigh)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
It's exactly what you just said. For what it's worth, WHT has been slowing down a lot too as I suspect people are throwing out attacks.

Nick

There is a ton of downtime, and I know  it is because of a DDOS, but still it is flaky at best. 10 Minutes all good, then really really slow, and then nothing at all. (repeat)

The DDoS earlier progressed to a RUDY Flood which was a bit harder for Francisco and Aldryic to filter but they got there :)

As the final tweaks are made, everything should start being more responsive.

Patrick

INIZ.COM
Verified Provider
Unfortunately someones not happy, DDoS only funnily mainly occurs when LET was down but seems fine now as it's up again

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
We've also got some pixie dust we're going to sprinkle around to help out with the load and to ensure we stay up as often as possible.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider

I may get rid of PHP-FPM if Nick/Curtis want me to.

I had to kick it a few minutes ago because it simply stopped serving requests.

Probably just get php-cgi going.

Francisco

Nick

It was the RUDY Flood that hurt most as they're apparently harder to filter but a few tweaks from Francisco and Aldryic and we were back up :)

jarland

The ocean is digital
Clearly the only way to avoid a DDOS today, as an alternate forum option on a topic similar to LET, was to not have any active members. I wouldn't judge this place by script kiddies doing what they do :p

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Yeah, funny, every time LET/LEB have a major bed wetting issue all their competitors get massively attacked.

I don't recall this syndrome until CC got involved.  Anyone remember this sort of thing when the old lowendadmin ran the place?

Nick

Well, we're under one hell of a large attack now. Someone wants to get through.

trewq

Verified Provider
Definitely and they're so cheap.

Currently: 500 packets in .006s
I have actually sent a few potential clients over to them. I don't take clients on that require more from my services than I offer, DOS protection for example. I will normally just send them over to BuyVM.

I really need to stop advertising for other businesses... haha

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
BuyVM runs a good operation.  I can't speak highly enough of them.

Have yet to test the durability of the pony team and ability to handle the attacks.  But I have my pins in place to do so, cause I think I might need the protection in the future :)

Zen

Maybe this is a great time for us to collectively test OpenLiteSpeed with vpsBoard and see some real world performance after say a month?

Just throwing it out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner