amuck-landowner

What is the temp at your house?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Must be nice Ald!  Although relative heat wave this week in many places...

I am sick of winter.  Never liked it.  But I detest southern state summers even more.

Time for in earth built home or a deluxe cave. 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
50F?  Outside?  Yeah that's doable/alright for winter.   I am tired of 0-15F outside for days on end.  Jetstream is all snafued.

I need to become a snowbird for certain.  Get my AARP card for the discounts and drive the big rig down south then come back for spring.

AuroraZero

It has been a very cold December in most of the United States.  Dreary and dark too. 

Hearing rural folks talking about the masses of fuel they are burning through this winter - more than anyone can recall.
A lot of people have gone to wood or pellets here. Some of the older folks have kept there oil burners for back ups but that is all. They compared the $1000 a month bill to the $100-$150 for wood and decided it was a good deal. Even though there is a bit of work involved and some cost to get the stoves in, they still come out on top in the big picture of it all.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
The price of home heating fuel (oil) remains alarmingly high.  It has been so for several years in a row and the commodity cost while high, doesn't reflect the even high post-delivery cost.  Ditto for LPG or more commonly known as propane.

Pellet stoves are alright, but they are glorified blow torches at best and more akin to room heaters like folks use to use on per room basis.

Next season I am headed back to wood and coal ideally in one burner system that supports both.  Why?  Both can be sourced locally and keep the neighbors working.  Plus their lower cost and better heat output is long proven through all sorts of economic upturns and especially in the downturns.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Who needs oil burners or pellet stoves?  It's f**king summer here on the east coast.  64F right now and tomorrow will be 69F.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Don't let 1-2 days of relief fool you @DomainBop.

Bet it will be teens and twenties as that big cold front follows.   Back to the ice age.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Oklahoma, that state stays beat up by the weather.   Rough place to be.  Any time I am headed out west I avoid Oklahoma.  Strange state.  

cubixcloud

Verified Provider
True enough!  B)

It could be 75 degrees one day and below freezing the next. Pretty crazy. It's happened.

amuck-landowner