amuck-landowner

What module to use with WHMCS?

bangbangbango

What do I use with WHMCS to automate the creation of a customer's VPS when they pay? I want to sell both linux and windows VPS and only use 1 module. Virtuozzo doesn't have their own WHMCS module, and can't run Windows VPS, Virtualizor says Linux KVM only, so won't run windows, SolusVM says Linux KVM only, so won't run Windows, any OpenVZ won't run windows... What do I use?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
This isn't an area I'm familiar with, but why limit it to one module to do both if there are two modules that exist that can cater to that specific task?

Someone will come along soon and give a better response.

RLT

I'm not understanding the question. Are you asking what to use on the windows node as a control panel?

Vitualizer and souls both run on Linux nodes but the kvm virtual servers can be different operating systems. You can't do this with ovz since the servers use the host kernels.

Last edited by a moderator:

bangbangbango

I'm not understanding the question. Are you asking what to use on the windows node as a control panel?

Vitualizer and souls both run on Linux nodes but the kvm virtual servers can be different operating systems. You can't do this with ovz since the servers use the host kernels.
I am not asking what to use on a windows node for a control panel I, I want to seel Linux and Windows VPS but only use one Control Panel and WHMCS module. Virtuozzo uses OpenVZ, so no Windows so I cannot use that. The other oner say "OpenVZ, Linux KVM". It says "Linux KVM" so this means they don't support Windows? Virtualizor and SolusVM say that.

VPS4LESS

Verified Provider
It depends on the software you want to run your VPS Servers on.

I use both Solusvm & Proxmox, both have modules for WHMCS they both support windows VPS  but with solusvm you will need to have 2 Nodes online

" 2 dedicated servrs"  1 the master you can only run openvz on and a slave for KVM that can run windows. myself i run Solusvm for my low budget vps servers and ProxMox for my KVM and windows vps servers.

bangbangbango

It depends on the software you want to run your VPS Servers on.

I use both Solusvm & Proxmox, both have modules for WHMCS they both support windows VPS  but with solusvm you will need to have 2 Nodes online

" 2 dedicated servrs"  1 the master you can only run openvz on and a slave for KVM that can run windows. myself i run Solusvm for my low budget vps servers and ProxMox for my KVM and windows vps servers.
Sorry I am a bit confused... SolusVM can run Windows VPS with KVM? On their website is says specifically "Linux KVM". If I want to use SolusVM, I will be able to run just that module and allow KVM Linux, and KVM Windows VPSs? If I want to allow the choice for OpenVZ or KVM for the Linux VPS, I can't use the same server?

mitgib

Verified Provider
I am not asking what to use on a windows node for a control panel I, I want to seel Linux and Windows VPS but only use one Control Panel and WHMCS module. Virtuozzo uses OpenVZ, so no Windows so I cannot use that. The other oner say "OpenVZ, Linux KVM". It says "Linux KVM" so this means they don't support Windows? Virtualizor and SolusVM say that.
I do not think you understand what you are offering, KVM can offer Linux, *BSD, and Windows VPS. SolusVM can control it and has a WHMCS module to control SolusVM

There are many other ways to do it as well, but either you are not being clear, or you do not understand what you are trying to offer.

VPS4LESS

Verified Provider
Sorry I am a bit confused... SolusVM can run Windows VPS with KVM? On their website is says specifically "Linux KVM". If I want to use SolusVM, I will be able to run just that module and allow KVM Linux, and KVM Windows VPSs? If I want to allow the choice for OpenVZ or KVM for the Linux VPS, I can't use the same server?
SolusVM master server will only run openvz  you need a second server configured for KVM to run windows servers with solusvm.

proxmox will run both windows and linux on 1 dedicated server but both have a module for WHMCS in which to control the build and management of the VPS containers

is you have skype i could show you if you want. if so give me your skype name

RLT

1. Souls and virtualizor run on a server that has a Linux operatingvariants.They work like virtualbox or vmware to create and control the kvm virtual servers.

2. KVM is a virtual server. Like vmware or virtualbox creates.

3. The operating system of the virtual server can be Linux or windows or solaris or even one of the bsd variants.

Shoaib_A

"Linux-KVM" is the name of hypervisor, it does not mean that you can run Linux only with it. It just means that the hypervisor itself can be run on a Linux OS only, the dedicated server that you are going to use for creating virtual private servers should have a linux distribution e.g. CentOS, Ubuntu or Debian etc installed to be able to run "Linux-KVM" hypervisor.

http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Main_Page

Since every guest (VPS) running on "Linux-KVM" hypervisor uses its own kernel, you can run almost every distribution with it including Windows & FreeBSD. Virtualizor & SolusVM both support this. However with SolusVM you need to have separate master & slaves to be able to run KVM whereas Virtualizor allows you t run any virtualization on the master itself. Both are good control panels, select one which suits your purpose better & looks easier to use for you. It would be better if you try them both for a couple of days before making a choice.

MightWeb-Greg

Verified Provider
You have to have a SolusVM Master. This can be installed on any VPS as long as you do not want to serve VPS with it. It's recommended to keep the master as stand alone server VS doing the OpenVZ master.

Once you have that setup you create a SolusVM slave for KVM or XEN. Once you have that setup you install the windows templates or ISOs to auto create in the WHMCS SolusVM plugin.

https://documentation.solusvm.com/display/DOCS/WHMCS

They have configureable options where you can tell the VPS which OS to install and it will automatically do it via the settings in the master.

You can host Windows VPS with XEN or KVM technology as they run as more "containers" unlike OpenVZ which shared the kernel with the VPSs

icy

Just using the standard module provided by SolusVM should be enough for provisioning virtual machines. Since you plan to provide both Windows and Linux machines, you should setup a KVM or XEN-HVM hypervisor.

To automate the process of creating Windows virtual machines, you can simply make your own template from a virtual machine that you've installed manually manually or use a pre-built template from SolusVM TDN. In the "Module Setting" section in WHMCS products, you would be able to select the default template or you can let customers choose via configuration options.

OpenVZ VMs are 'containers' and the Linux kernel is shared by the host node. It is not possible to create guests or Windows virtual machines.

However, the reseller option in the default module does not seem to function. It is also not documented. If additional features and integration is desired with WHMCS, then I would recommend you use Modules Factory. 

amuck-landowner