amuck-landowner

What sort of topics and tutorials would you like to see?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
vpsBoard's 'article bounty program' is going to go live soon where a few interested people will do some write ups about specific subjects whether it be a tutorial on how to do a certain task, general guide on anything to opinion and editorial pieces. I'm pretty excited to get this off the ground finally, and while we've come up with some good topics of interest to proceed with we can't ignore the community that they're being published to! What are some articles, tutorials, guides, etc that you would like us to focus on?

I'm primarily interested in introducing regular pieces related to operating as a service provider, tutorials/guides for the regular VPS user at differing skill levels and other related and relevant content. Please let us know if there is anything in particular you wish to see. :)

Thanks!

AlphaNine_Vini

Verified Provider
Ok . That's nice . Will there be a separate forum for these tutorials. I noticed we already have one forum for tutorial.

Last edited by a moderator:

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
regular pieces related to operating as a service provider
Based on my observations from reading LET/WHT the greatest need seems to be on the non-technical side, so here's some tutorial suggestions: Writing a Business Plan 101, Running A Business 101, Business Finance 101, Employees 101, Taxes 101, Business Law 101,  Writing  a TOS 101, Privacy Laws 101,  Customer Service 101, etc, etc, etc

tutorials/guides for the regular VPS user
I'm currently writing a tutorial that I'll post later: "How to get a refund if at the time of signup IP is spamlisted by gmail"

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Ok . That's nice . Will there be a separate forum for these tutorials. I noticed we already have one forum for tutorial.
They'll be available on the forum, but the article bounty stuff is specific content that is paid for, and it will be published on a new section of vpsBoard that uses a different format than the forum. The comments made in the article will appear in the forum thread as well, and vice versa, so it's accessible via two places technically, but not all submissions will be tutorials.

Based on my observations from reading LET/WHT the greatest need seems to be on the non-technical side, so here's some tutorial suggestions: Writing a Business Plan 101, Running A Business 101, Business Finance 101, Employees 101, Taxes 101, Business Law 101,  Writing  a TOS 101, Privacy Laws 101,  Customer Service 101, etc, etc, etc

I'm currently writing a tutorial that I'll post later: "How to get a refund if at the time of signup IP is spamlisted by gmail"
Great ideas, and a focus is already pointed that direction. I also have a doctor who may be interested in writing some stuff about desk ergonomics, how to stay healthy in an industry that causes you to sit on your ass and stare at bright glowing screens, etc. Well, he's not a real doctor, but he plays one on the internet. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurimas

Verified Provider
I would like to find some tutorials related to:

1. Hosting WordPress

2. HTML/CSS coding

3. Using Drupal

4.Using Joomla

As writing blogs nowadays is the latest trend I guess these tutorials would receive much attention and would help for many to perform various tasks related to blogging.

amuck-landowner