East coast (Toronto)

E3-1230v2

1tb hdd

128gb ssd

/29

16gb ram

Ddos protected (up to 15Gb/s)

Rent to own

What would you pay? Located in Peer 1 datacenter.

I am thinking of listing them at $600/month(if setup fee paid I can lower to $300/m)

Last edited by a moderator:

SilverKnightTech

Verified Provider
Honestly, since your doing a rent to own, the hardware alone is around the $1000 mark. So really all your paying for is Power and Ping. I personally thing your price is way to high. heck by comparision we rent that server with 100Mbps Unmetered with no Ddos for $79/month.

However this is only my thoughts..

Thanks,

Anthony

earl

Try aim for a 6-12 month ROI on dedicated, not 1-2.. :)
Well he is in Canada.. @$600/mo for that server a 6-12/mo ROI is probably what he's aiming for, lol.

I'm exaggerating but not far from the truth!

earl

Well if you look in the dedi section @ 3z.ca your price does not seem unreasonable considering its RTO..

WSWD

Verified Provider
That price is insane.  Someone can build that machine for the cost of 2 month's service, and co-locate it themselves for a few bucks per month.  In the 8 months to own the server you can build 4 of them yourself.

Good luck though!

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Well if you look in the dedi section @ 3z.ca your price does not seem unreasonable considering its RTO..
3z.ca runs on somewhat higher side of things on random products. Don't think they are in Peer1 either.

There is certainly a Peer1 premium. The have their own network and PoPs all over. Really in my prior experience is a great network in the US and Canada. Nothing wrong with 3Z, just not the same sort of outfit at all.

Unsure of the merger/buyout, but Cogeco was offering $600 million to buy Peer1 as of December. Something else to keep in mind when dealing with Peer1.

earl

Not too sure the cost to colo in peer1 but I think it's a $200/mo minimum for a 4U not sure how many AMPS or network you get.. also this is Canada.. while all you folks in the US might think this is insane, Canadians are so used to being gauged that I don't think this price will phase out a lot of potential clients

earl

3z.ca runs on somewhat higher side of things on random products. Don't think they are in Peer1 either.

There is certainly a Peer1 premium. The have their own network and PoPs all over. Really in my prior experience is a great network in the US and Canada. Nothing wrong with 3Z, just not the same sort of outfit at all.

Unsure of the merger/buyout, but Cogeco was offering $600 million to buy Peer1 as of December. Something else to keep in mind when dealing with Peer1.
Yup exactly! I would think 3z.ca is more a budget provider considering they were offering colo for $30/mo on WHT just last year.. It's the same DC that scratch telecom built.. and the dedi's are also lower in specs compared to what netnub is offering and it is not RTO..

Mike

Verified Provider
Depending on the cost of the actual hardware paid and the colo cost per month, it's hard to judge how much it should be offered at.

NodeBytes

Dedi Addict
Not too sure the cost to colo in peer1 but I think it's a $200/mo minimum for a 4U not sure how many AMPS or network you get..

I got a quote from Peer1

The most basic I could get.

Collocation: Los Angeles
NB: LA facility is manned 24x7 
Dimensions: 36

earl

The $200/mo min for 4U was for the DC in Toronto..he wanted to transfer me to one of the sales guys if I wanted more info but i did not bother

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
$50 per U a month basically, with $30 per U setup.

$2k rack roughly at that quote price.

100Mb/s port is a great limitation, need that upgraded for provider sake.

So what's a reasonable price to outright build/buy:

E3-1230v2

1tb hdd

128gb ssd

/29

16gb ram

-----

15Gb/s DDoS protect from CNServers? Largest package they sell outright is:

10Gbps IP Transit

10Gbps DDoS protection capacity

Service Location: Portland, Oregon, USA

$7500.00 USD Monthly + $1000.00 USD Setup Fee

CNServers sells in Portland DDoS protected servers, although just rentals, not RTO:

E3-1230 v2

16GB Memory

120GB SSD or 500GB SATA

100Mbps unmetered bandwidth

Free IPMI/IPKVM included

1Gbps protection capacity line rate(~1,500,000 PPS)

Protection Upgrade available

$279.00 USD Monthly

amuck-landowner