amuck-landowner

What would you want for...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

H_Heisenberg

What would you as a provider want for the following specifications.

RAM:  64 MB

HDD: 2.5 GB

BW: 25 GB @ 10 Mbit/s

IPs: 1x IPv4

VZ: OpenVZ

Location: Central or East Coast of the United States (non CC!!!)

Usage would be education. I would either put up a Wordpress blog with guides for Linux/Windows or code my own site in HTML (Bootstrap) for Linux/Windows guides for my college.

Last edited by a moderator:

acd

At that level, secure dragon is charging 13$ per *year*; any cheaper than that and it starts becoming more expensive to bill you than the services cost themselves as you've already hit diminishing returns for small vps size vs cost.

If it's just for educational purposes and you qualify, you might try Amazon AWS's free usage tier. They are free for the first year with limitations and EC2 gives you a lot of nice toys for very little (first dose is free ;)).

Last edited by a moderator:

H_Heisenberg

Ok and what about shared hosting with these specifications? A memory allocation of 32 to 64 MB via PHP. 2 GB Disk Space and 25 GB bandwidth/mo? The panel doesn't really matter as long as I have FTP, phpMyAdmin and a option to add addon domains.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Problem is IPv4 on such small VPSs.
That's not really a problem for legitimate hosts.

Ok and what about shared hosting with these specifications? A memory allocation of 32 to 64 MB via PHP. 2 GB Disk Space and 25 GB bandwidth/mo? The panel doesn't really matter as long as I have FTP, phpMyAdmin and a option to add addon domains.
Can't be of much assistance there, sorry =\  I don't really do the shared hosting bit - my VPS recommendations based on my own services and experiences with them.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
We have quite a few clients running webservers on our 64MB plans but none are running shared hosting (i.e. selling services on them). I think somebody did some testing a while back and were able to run a lot of static websites but MySQL requires some tweaking to run more than a blog or two.

Here's the specs for our 64MB plan:

64MB of RAM

64MB of vSwap

3GB Disk Space (HW RAID10)

250GB Bandwidth (100Mbps in Tampa, 1Gbps in Denver)

1 IPv4 Address

4 IPv6 Addresses

1 CPU Core (>2GHz)

$12.99/Year (click on our banner here for a discount code to make it under $12/year)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Thread being closed as per request from OP. Looks like he's found a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner