What's for Lunch?

Discussion in 'The Pub (Off topic discussion)' started by drmike, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Licensecart

Licensecart Active Member

May 22, 2013
    Yeah haha Pot Noddles are the bomb for lazy food just need to boil the kettle.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2015
  2. HostHoney

HostHoney New Member

Oct 30, 2015
    The main Reason Why I am against GMO's are because what do the added chemicals and such do to our bodies over time? It is a fact that my generation and my kids have a shorter life expectency than our parents. also look at roundup, a product made by monsanto the same company who created Agent Orange.

If you look at Honey bees you will see tht they have had isues with insecticides, and gmo plants that have killed off millions of bees. Heck France outlawed the use of Gaucho (made by Bayer Chemical Company).

Look at Ecoli problems. You have that issue because beef cows are being fed corn, they were made by God to eat grass not corn. I am not a health nut but I am for eating better and locally. I shop at farmers markets and go to local daries as well as cattle farms for my meat.

drmike likes this.
  3. HostHoney

HostHoney New Member

Oct 30, 2015
    I love Pot Noodles /Ramen Noodles I used to eat them ll the time then my metabolism slowed and I started to have health issues so I stopped eating them and eating healthier.

4. mitgib

mitgib New Member Verified Provider

May 15, 2013
    Naturally_Softer_Angle.jpg

So I had this on someone's suggestion, omg I am not a huge butter fan normally, but made a package of Zatarain's gumbo and a blob(tbls) of this, it was a whole new experience

MannDude and Licensecart like this.
  5. drmike

drmike 100% Tier-1 Gogent

May 13, 2013
    I am with you friend.  

GMO is accompanied by crop chemicals.  They go together as a pack.

Crop chemicals are likely the bigger problem.  To destroy critters, they do terrible stuff.  Like destroy their digestive system.   In humans it does the same thing and sadly people are mass accumulating the crap.  Leaky gut (holes burnt through digestive tissue) is a major thing today, I don't recall it being so prevalent decades ago.

Lots of these chemicals displace nutrients.  Meaning the GMO crops are filler and maybe look right, but the nutrition content is severely diminished.  By some accounts 75% or more.

Feed lots give corn to animals in final stage to bulk animals up before they are slaughtered.  This has been done for a long time.  Now we have farmers corn feeding before the feed lot to get more pound cash. Trickle down shit money gaming.

I try to eat clean.  Problem is you can't shop at a grocery.  Even Whole Foods is littered with bullshit and lies.  You have to find farmers, visit their farm, ask hard questions and move on when they are full of crap or not forthcoming.  I've pissed farmers here off royally.  Most are modern traditional farmers and they care about money and that's about it.  Unclean farms, seeds they buy annually based on wrong reasons and lots of poison.

6. Nerdie

Nerdie New Member Verified Provider

Dec 4, 2015
    Jasons Deli here. :)

7. ademayem

ademayem New Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Boiled noodles and eggs

8. Powerfulbox

Powerfulbox New Member Verified Provider

Nov 24, 2015
    Am boring am happy with my Greggs and mocha 

9. drmike

drmike 100% Tier-1 Gogent

May 13, 2013
    It won't be Chipotle for me....

First Norovirus that got hundreds sick months ago in California... then another in New England....

Welp, shares have slid massively... Same store sales are off like 30%...

Yesterday, the feds announced formal investigation over the poisonings.

Then no fewer than 4 law firms announcing they are representing customers poisoned.

Quite a shame, because the food was very good.  Seems like quite an intentional circus.  Will be interesting to see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2016
    RLT likes this.
  10. Wax

Wax New Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Today I had a Fry Up for lunch!

11. kevinsimmons

kevinsimmons New Member

Mar 16, 2016
    today chicken pizza.

12. dedica_manager

dedica_manager New Member Verified Provider

Mar 31, 2016
    Corn flakes with milk

13. VyprNetworks

VyprNetworks New Member

Mar 2, 2016
    Today lunch is going to be leftover pizza cheese with stuffed crust to be exact. I just take the pizza part off and eat the crust maybe six or seven pieces for lunch today. I'm still thinking on it though could be that or left over shrimp and rice from Pappadeaux.

14. River

River Member Verified Provider

May 3, 2015
    two hot dogs and some doritos.

Can't forget the mountain dew!

15. DedidamNET

DedidamNET New Member

Sep 9, 2015
    Greek salad and avocado.

16. Hostfolks

Hostfolks New Member Verified Provider

May 27, 2015
    Turkey sandwhich!

17. meganadz

meganadz New Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Batangas Lomi with Luncheon meat

18. WasNotWSS

WasNotWSS Member

May 5, 2017
    WalkTheDinosaur
    McDonalds. Spicy Chicken, McDouble, and large iced tea for <$4. I had to run into town to get bits for my jigsaw, and return some rebuilt hardware, so decided to save money. Already regretting it.

19. JonathanKW

JonathanKW New Member

May 10, 2017
    JonathanKW
    There's this local place called Scott's Coneys that I'm thinking about getting from today.

Everything they have is relatively inexpensive and you can get yourself quite the nice meal for a decent price.

20. Jonathan

Jonathan Woohoo Administrator Verified Provider

May 27, 2013
    jonspw
    I had leftovers....from Scott's Koneys of all places lol. Buffalo chicken filet sandwich. Mmmmm.