amuck-landowner

What's for Lunch?

Licensecart

Hahaha.  Pot Noodle.  That's news to me.  Chicken and Mushroom too eh?  Fancy...

I always did enjoy some instant ramen though.  That looks like wannabe pasta though. 

Personally...  I get why some people argue that GMOs are bad.  However, it's because of GMOs and our capacity (as an intelligent species) to increase the output of food for our society.  Like it's with GMO we don't have starving people in the street, or that food prices are low (well debatable, but lower than it would be without GMO).  In addition, it's with GMO that enough of our crops are able to survive to feed you.  Now GMO isn't my field of specialty, but it holds an important part in our life and our world that immediately dismissing it as a terrible thing isn't something we should do in my opinion.  Although I do get that some people might argue the flavoring is a little worse or something's a little off, but meh to each their own.  

Animal cruelty and all that stuff is in its own sense, but that's my opinion on GMO.  I think GMO was the solution to food quantity problem we had in the world, and now that we are all comfortable (well comfortable enough that it's no longer a pressing issue) we need to look into the food quality issue.  But that should be solved in due time. Remember, its scientists who are working on the problem.  Probably not a farmer as a modern farmer's goal  is usually increasing the net output of food products.  Each farmer may change the parameter in which they operate their business, but in the end more quantity sold means more net income...  which also means more products need to be made for more products to be sold.  .  

Yeah haha Pot Noddles are the bomb for lazy food just need to boil the kettle.

Last edited by a moderator:

HostHoney

The main Reason Why I am against GMO's are because what do the added chemicals and such do to our bodies over time? It is a fact that my generation and my kids have a shorter life expectency than our parents. also look at roundup, a product made by monsanto the same company who created Agent Orange.

If you look at Honey bees you will see tht they have had isues with insecticides, and gmo plants that have killed off millions of bees. Heck France outlawed the use of Gaucho (made by Bayer Chemical Company).

Look at Ecoli problems. You have that issue because beef cows are being fed corn, they were made by God to eat grass not corn. I am not a health nut but I am for eating better and locally. I shop at farmers markets and go to local daries as well as cattle farms for my meat.

HostHoney

I love Pot Noodles /Ramen Noodles I used to eat them ll the time then my metabolism slowed and I started to have health issues so I stopped eating them and eating healthier.

mitgib

Verified Provider
Naturally_Softer_Angle.jpg

So I had this on someone's suggestion, omg I am not a huge butter fan normally, but made a package of Zatarain's gumbo and a blob(tbls) of this, it was a whole new experience

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
The main Reason Why I am against GMO's are because what do the added chemicals and such do to our bodies over time? It is a fact that my generation and my kids have a shorter life expectency than our parents. also look at roundup, a product made by monsanto the same company who created Agent Orange.

If you look at Honey bees you will see tht they have had isues with insecticides, and gmo plants that have killed off millions of bees. Heck France outlawed the use of Gaucho (made by Bayer Chemical Company).

Look at Ecoli problems. You have that issue because beef cows are being fed corn, they were made by God to eat grass not corn. I am not a health nut but I am for eating better and locally. I shop at farmers markets and go to local daries as well as cattle farms for my meat.

I am with you friend.  

GMO is accompanied by crop chemicals.  They go together as a pack.

Crop chemicals are likely the bigger problem.  To destroy critters, they do terrible stuff.  Like destroy their digestive system.   In humans it does the same thing and sadly people are mass accumulating the crap.  Leaky gut (holes burnt through digestive tissue) is a major thing today, I don't recall it being so prevalent decades ago.

Lots of these chemicals displace nutrients.  Meaning the GMO crops are filler and maybe look right, but the nutrition content is severely diminished.  By some accounts 75% or more.

Feed lots give corn to animals in final stage to bulk animals up before they are slaughtered.  This has been done for a long time.  Now we have farmers corn feeding before the feed lot to get more pound cash. Trickle down shit money gaming.

I try to eat clean.  Problem is you can't shop at a grocery.  Even Whole Foods is littered with bullshit and lies.  You have to find farmers, visit their farm, ask hard questions and move on when they are full of crap or not forthcoming.  I've pissed farmers here off royally.  Most are modern traditional farmers and they care about money and that's about it.  Unclean farms, seeds they buy annually based on wrong reasons and lots of poison.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
It won't be Chipotle for me....

First Norovirus that got hundreds sick months ago in California... then another in New England....

Welp, shares have slid massively... Same store sales are off like 30%...

Yesterday, the feds announced formal investigation over the poisonings.

Then no fewer than 4 law firms announcing they are representing customers poisoned.

Quite a shame, because the food was very good.  Seems like quite an intentional circus.  Will be interesting to see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RLT

VyprNetworks

Today lunch is going to be leftover pizza cheese with stuffed crust to be exact. I just take the pizza part off and eat the crust maybe six or seven pieces for lunch today. I'm still thinking on it though could be that or left over shrimp and rice from Pappadeaux.

WasNotWSS

McDonalds. Spicy Chicken, McDouble, and large iced tea for <$4. I had to run into town to get bits for my jigsaw, and return some rebuilt hardware, so decided to save money. Already regretting it.

JonathanKW

Administrator
Administrator
There's this local place called Scott's Coneys that I'm thinking about getting from today.

Everything they have is relatively inexpensive and you can get yourself quite the nice meal for a decent price.

Jonathan

Woohoo
Administrator
Verified Provider
I had leftovers....from Scott's Koneys of all places lol. Buffalo chicken filet sandwich. Mmmmm.

amuck-landowner