amuck-landowner

What's for Lunch?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I was running errands today and was out and about. I hadn't eaten yet today so before coming back home I stopped by Wendy's.

Guys, let me tell you something. Wendy's has a friggin' cheeseburger now with BBQ pulled pork.

That's right.

A pulled pork cheeseburger.

It also has coleslaw on it which isn't bad, but it's different.

Go get one.

24/7/365

Verified Provider
I've come to the conclusion that my one course lunch at a desk pales in comparison to the 4 course fine-dining experiences you guys are having.

I'll step up my game  ;)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I've literally seen newborn children smaller than this burrito:

z907EBO.jpg

Taco truck in town makes these fresh for $6 and I can't even finish the entire thing.

dkstanson

Here was mine:

1379087363-c6hsko.jpg

:)
Wow, this looks delicious ! Well done

Last edited by a moderator:

CableChief_JR

Okay, so it wasn't exactly lunch but I did have to make it at 10AM before rushing off to work.

Tonight's dinner was bacon pasta bake, used a recipe I found on Youtube, worked out very nicely although I'll need to remember to add more garlic next time!

qImdfde.jpg

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Phone was dead earlier so couldn't snap a photo, but I bought a couple on-sale New York strips earlier in the week that needed to be cooked or frozen by the 20th, so since it was the 21st I decided to cook them. Was good. I don't do anything fancy. Sea salt them, fry in a pan for about 1.5 minutes on each side. Toss on a plate and eat. They were pretty thin so even that was a tad overcooked for my liking, as I like my meat medium-rare.

I got a grill in the summer time as a gift, though it's still at my parent's place in a box and not at my house yet. I'm going to try to stuff it in my trunk and bring it home this weekend when I go over to visit, because I really want to grill some meat in the backyard!

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
eUkQwkR.jpg

Been changing up what I eat in 2015 and getting back into shape. I LOVE lettuce wrapped sandwiches. In the lettuce is 4 slices of turkey, some colby jack thin sliced cheese and a dab of mayo and two slices of tomato. And of course, on the plate, two slices of sea-salted tomatoes. Served delicately on my fine china... :p

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
vmDpa7j.jpg

Overcooked the NY strip a bit. I like my meat medium rare but got distracted while it was cooking because I realized I had no clean plates to put it on so had to clean one real quick...

And a lite side salad with cheese and fat free ranch.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Since I overcooked yesterdays NY strip I made sure to do today's proper. About 2 minutes on each side on medium-low heat and got a pretty good medium rare steak on the cast iron. I messed the eggs up though since they stuck in my other pan a bit... was wanting over easy but as you can see they popped when trying to remove them from the pan. Put a little bit of shredded cheddar up on top of them.

smtL7zw.jpg

Damn good breakfast though. I've made every single meal this year at home as I have decided to stop eating fast food and cut out carbs and sugars from my diet. I'm not a great cook but I do enjoy making simple things like frying meat (Mostly steaks, burgers or porkchops or bacon) or baking chicken in the oven.

Also been eating a ton of salad lately as I've rediscovered how great those are...

My food never looks pretty but it sure does taste good to me!

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I'm going to rename this thread, "MannDude posts his dinner"

QlJ9wcQ.jpg

I had some pork fillets in the fridge that needed to be cooked or frozen, so decided to cook all 5 them and save the other 3 for later. This was tonight's dinner.

Pork seasoned with sea-salt and pepper and basil, topped with guacamole (because guac is good on damn near everything). Side salad, Itallian dressing. I prefer ranch, will go back to that.

Was good.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Since I overcooked yesterdays NY strip I made sure to do today's proper. About 2 minutes on each side on medium-low heat and got a pretty good medium rare steak on the cast iron. I messed the eggs up though since they stuck in my other pan a bit... was wanting over easy but as you can see they popped when trying to remove them from the pan. Put a little bit of shredded cheddar up on top of them.

Damn good breakfast though. I've made every single meal this year at home as I have decided to stop eating fast food and cut out carbs and sugars from my diet. I'm not a great cook but I do enjoy making simple things like frying meat (Mostly steaks, burgers or porkchops or bacon) or baking chicken in the oven.

Also been eating a ton of salad lately as I've rediscovered how great those are...

My food never looks pretty but it sure does taste good to me!
Mmm... and now I wanted eggs.  Haven't done an omelet in years, so I figure I'd just start simple again.

notcornbread.jpg

Just a couple A grade eggs, whipped up with some diced ham, and one of the things I love most about the south - good ol' Tony Chachere seasoning.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Speaking of eggs... tonight's dinner:

8Cv73ad.jpg

Four eggs over easy (I didn't bust the yolk this time!) and of course, a good ol' New York strip. 0 Sugar. 0 carbs. (Okay I think eggs have like 0.4g of carbs per each one).

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Alright @MannDude, doing things your way tonight.  Couple slices of ham, grilled and hot.  Salad with some colby/pepperjack cheese and some chunks of leftover ham, and a mustard/seasoning mix.

dammitcurtis.jpg

amuck-landowner