amuck-landowner

What's the difference between DigitalOcean and other VPS companies?

lbft

DigitalOcean provides a good API. You can manage everything with your own software. No other company is providing such a good API for virtual servers.
I'm not sure I'd say that - AWS's APIs are exhaustive to the point of being intimidating.

dano

DO has improved much in the last few years, but I would say there is not much difference in DO and the better VPS companies that are out there today. For example, in the start, I emailed DO and let them know what I was thinking. as I had done similar with appfog in their infant days also - DO ceo email me back and thanked me for my input and let me know what they were doing to fix it and maybe some things that hadn't considered.

At the start though, they were just like any other "descent" vps company, and really, there were many better brands out there for vps that were on LEB. Fast forward a couple of years and millions of dollars poured into DO, and they have a better platform now, and have done lots to get the attention of AWS, which could be an advantage to the end user.

I currently do not have a DO account/machine.

RockTBN

Verified Provider
DO was my first choice when linux VPS come to mind. Hourly billing, good automated system, pure SSD & solid network. I could not expect more than that.

amuck-landowner