amuck-landowner

When did you realize you were getting old?

iann_lfcvps

Verified Provider
I'm sure many of you aren't actually old, but for those of us older than 30 here, what was the tipping point? For me I'm pretty sure it's the nose hairs that are starting to show up that never used to be there :)

AThomasHowe

I'm only creeping up on 22 but I've had creaky knees for ages... starting to moan about my back too! Dread to think what I'll be like at 30 :p

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I'll be 30 next year and my number one goal in life is now to have the ability to take a nap whenever I want to. I don't necessarily feel old, I just feel more seasoned than I should be at my age, like I crammed 20 years of adulthood into 9 years of my life.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I have a head full of grey hair, a kid in college, when i thought a t-1 was fast, wearing no line bifocals. HAHA you know your really old when you ask the doctor for the magical "blue" pill. 

wlanboy

Content Contributer
  1. I am beyond my 50-ties when my son is allowed drive a car
  2. I am living together with my wife for 14 years
  3. The company I am working for hired a new senior developer and he is 12 years younger than me

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
 When I seen Simpsons Episodes on FXX today from the early 90's and remembered it play by play. 

fatboy

Oh dear god, I feel old listening to you guys!

I thought I may be getting on a bit when I start managing guys at work who were in infant school when I started work!

For the non-UK, infant school is for ages 4 - 7ish!

jarland

The ocean is digital
When I see my former jr high students married and having children. Although, to offset it, it also serves to make me feel young in some aspects that I am 29 and my lifestyle is still much like many people I know around 18-21. That mostly due to my mistake of throwing away a few years of my life and really getting behind.

So I guess on some days I feel old and others I feel young. I'll probably feel old every day when my liver starts fighting back.

TekStorm - Walter

Lol, well listening to this, i guess i am the lucky one, I can still drink like a fish and i have never had a hang over and i still dont, the only thing that i find that i am getting old is that i have money in my pocket to buy what i want when i want, i didnt have that when i hit the 20 yrs mark.

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
When the format of my local oldies station changed it's format from 50s-60s-70s to 60s-70s-80s is about the time I started feeling it.  :p

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
When I stopped caring about petty things that were't overly important and started caring about more big picture stuff.

24/7/365

Verified Provider
"Charles?", I asked.

"Yes?", he replied, his head deep in mechanical bobbins and cogs.

"Why is it you continue to tinker with that infernal contraption of yours?"

"One day it'll change the world!", he answered and continued unabated.

"You young uns' and your toys." I said. Young Charles really was building a device that would change the world. On a brass plaque on the front of his gadget I could clearly see the words "Difference Engine". It was at that moment I realised I was heading to bed at 9pm and thought, "Wow, I must be getting old".

amuck-landowner