amuck-landowner

Where exactly did Jonny come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WSWD

Verified Provider
I'm not saying you shouldn't complain.  By all means, complain away.  Just saying how I personally treat threads in forums that I frequent, that I don't care to read. 

It's like the ads section here.  I don't use it.  I rarely read it, unless something there catches my eye.  But I'm not going to bitch about it, because some people use that section and find that section useful.  Same with GVH.  There are people who want to talk about it, and it concerns them.  So why not let those people discuss it (like this very thread), and those of us who don't care, we simply ignore the thread, not read it, and move on with life?

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
It's like the ads section here.  I don't use it.  I rarely read it, unless something there catches my eye.
So, if VPSB slowly turned into a forum that had practically nothing but ad posts, there'd be no reason for you to stay.  Perhaps you wouldn't want this to happen, and might speak up about it.  Or perhaps it wouldn't bother you, and you'd just go elsewhere without comment.  That's your reaction, not mine.

Or, how about if a bunch of the skids from HF started making drama posts here?  Sure, you *could* just ignore them, but drama attracts drama, trash attracts trash - until eventually it's just you floating in a sea of Nguyens, Bilohs and Robert Clarks.  And the once excellent community would be nutshot so hard it'd never so much as make it back up to its knees again.

Besides, if you really wanted to act on your "If it bothers you, ignore it" philosophy, you wouldn't have made that comment in the first place.

host4go

Verified Provider
Perhaps, but I was speaking from my own point of view on that one.  My own lack of posts recently has been directly related to how tired I was of seeing the same ol' drama stirred up in new threads every damn time I came to catch up on things.  I'm sure others feel the same.

I do wonder where you hang and actively post. WHT and LET are full of GVH&Co topics.. as well, it´s not like this is a specific issue to VpsBoard.

Maybe you lurk on similar forums, that do not, thus my question.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Could we keep this thread on topic please?  The question asked by the OP was:

Where exactly did Jonny come from?
the answer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8IAe9B4E8E

@moderator: topic has been definitively answered by moi, you cam close this thread now. Thanks!

WSWD

Verified Provider
Besides, if you really wanted to act on your "If it bothers you, ignore it" philosophy, you wouldn't have made that comment in the first place.
Well...not quite.  I was interested in the thread, thus was here reading it, and thought I would respond.  Why would I ignore a thread that I was interested in?  I think you missed my point entirely.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Ah, but you could've simply ignored the comments that bothered you, and made a post relevant to the original topic that captured your interest.  After all, I was just here checking threads, and could've ignored the thread - but I thought I would respond.

RLT

You guys are great. Adldric ten years ago is nothing to some of us oldsters.

A bit off topic but I would like to see a place that had a comprehensive timeline list of the bad companies and who was involved. It's like the hostess stuff if I hadn't of caught the ugvps drama I would have no idea who tdale was.

Vega

I am a firm believer that I probably wouldn't waste my time complaining about something I don't want to see when I chose to click said thread JUST to complain.

It becomes less legit and more whining in the end....

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
Was he a pawn / decoy host that was setup under another provider for a public relation play, or was he a legitimate fella that actually wanted to start up his own business? It seems to me he was setup by someone to be taken advantage of.
BREAKING NEWS, the narrative chimera known as 'Jonny' emerged from the obsessive play-by-play, shaming, cheer-leading, voyeurist tendencies, [exhaustive list of hypertextual manipulations] of his 500 dedicated superfans in the Dramathread Industries peanut gallery...

It seems the observer effect (or lack-thereof) really does go a long way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner