amuck-landowner

Which companies need reviews?

SkylarM

Verified Provider
I think the main problem with having the hosting providers (or "users") submit a form is you'd get a bunch of spam. But still, if ShoveHost got reviewed rather than not even being given a chance, it would be much fairer than currently.
First impressions are everything. Quite frankly you're first impressions leave a lot to be desired.

tonyg

EDIT: Comically enough I got this PM earlier today from someone I won't name (though feel free to out yourself if you wish)

I really like this forum, but the reviews are all too "nice and shiny".

I don't think I have seen one negative review.
That was my PM.

Trust me, I don't want to see the junk reviews posted in places like WHT transfer themselves here.

It was just an observation.

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
That was my PM.

Trust me, I don't want to see the junk reviews posted in places like WHT transfer themselves here.

It was just an observation.
Neither do I :)

I think what we're planning in this thread will be a good thing. The list of providers that will be reviewed won't be revealed, and will be a mix of providers who haven't had the best public image in the recent months, years as well as young, up and coming providers that appear to be doing good things, and sprinkle in a few other known providers too.

It'll be a random mix. Ideally all reviews submitted as a result of this will be of high quality, long, detailed and informative.

AuroraZero

The main thing that gets me about most reviews is that people will use the service for a month then review it. That to me does not show how the host preforms at all. Anyone can pull a rabbit out of the hat for a short period of time, but for the long haul is what matters to me the most. If you can not be consistent and dependable over a long period of time then it does not matter what you do at the time of the review.

That is why most of the reviews I see I tend to disregard when they say "I have been with so and so for a month and this is my review". It is useless and has no basis for the host might do down the line when  the going gets tough.

GoodHosting

I wouldn't be against a review on our new OpenNebula Line-up, or if anyone wants to try one for free for a while, we known it still has a few kinks to be worked out (such as how the "reboot" option requires an extra step "resume" after it cycles, or how you have to manually network a Windows guest.) but we believe the system to be production ready and are rolling out plans this week.

MCH-Phil

Verified Provider
As it's been echoed here already. I think this is a great idea! For everyone, hosts and users alike.

Not that I don't trust anyone here. For safety reasons I would not reimburse until review is delivered.

amuck-landowner