amuck-landowner

Which domain do you like better?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
For a Service Offers Listing website, which do you prefer:

featuredvps.com or dailyserverdeals.com?

The first is good, but unsure if it'll just feature VPS deals or not. DailyServerDeals.com I like as things will be published on a consistent schedule so every day 1 or 2 offers will be published at set times, as well as allows dedicated servers too.

Which do you like, and why?

SwiftNetworking

Hi there,

I prefer FeaturedVPS, as it's easier to remember. I actually quite like it :)

DailyServerDeals is a bit of a mouthful for me, but that's just my opinion.

I hope that helps!

Jade

NodeServ
Verified Provider
100% FeaturedVPS.com unless you get featuredbox.com becuase that's the next best one :D

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
I'd prefer DailyServerDeals.com, more because it doesn't restrict you to a VPS.  You can also focus on Dedicated servers as well as other services.  Also it kinda reminds me of DailySteals.com (which I used to go on everyday along with woot).  

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Yeah, DailyServerDeals.com I like as its not limited to VPS only. Would be nice to list dedicated servers as well. But FeaturedVPS.com is slightly shorter and easier to remember.

Decisions decisions.

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
DailyServerDeals.com

It's more flexible and to be honest we are getting much closer to the point where there are so many deals about on dedicated in the $10 - $35 range that the choice between whether or not to get a dedicated as opposed to a VPS is more of a factor. So limiting the name to VPS is going to cost you in the long run. 

Okay you may not want to focus solely on the lower $ value but I bet you will get more traffic from people looking in that range.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
What no vpsnewbs.com love?

vpszoo.com?

vpscrap.com?

vpsloser.com?

Screw VPS land.   Any name with that pigeon holes you into the multi-tenant shared environment ghetto and inevitably the crack head kid sellers come in with $1 offers.

Dailyserverdeals.com.... That's your ticket.... Cover dedicated, colo, VPS, shared, specialized servers, everything...

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
You guys seem to forget that there will be no artificial price limit so if the offers are oversold to shit, you can only blame the providers.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Always blame the provider... Afterall, who else could you blame?  The actual datacenter?   Cogent? The upstream scapegoat.  The power company?  That shitty coal power.

Oh wait, blame it on Solus.

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner