amuck-landowner

WHICH VPS IS BETTER WINDOWS OR LINUX?

adilimran

Can you tell me which VPS is better Windows or Linux?

Which one is more reliable and cheap and which provide me better services?

johnlth93

It's probably come down to what you wanted to do it them.

For me I would definitely run Linux for servers, and Windows as my workstation.

Last edited by a moderator:

BeastVM_Aaron

As i know linux servers are cheaper.

''Can you tell me which VPS is better Windows or Linux?'' it depends on what you gonna use your server for.

GIANT_CRAB

I recommend using Gentoo or Archlinux if you're new to Linux.

Why would you post this under "reviews"...

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
IT IS A MATTER OF OPINION BUT IF YOU PREFER AN ALL CAPS WORLD PERHAPS YOU SHOULD GET A MAINFRAME MVS ACCOUNT.
He could use the Hercules emulator to run MVS's successor z/OS on a VPS but IBM only licenses z/OS for their own hardware and only allows z/OS to be run on x86 by its employees or partners so he'll need to get a job at IBM first.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
From a cheap perspective, linux will win that.

Windows has license costs involved and they aren't cheap.

Francisco

JPC-Sabrina

Linux VPS will run cheaper. As others have said it overall depends on what you are going to use it for. Windows has a good bit of hurdels most of the time I find. If you can do what you need on a Linux VPS you will be better off in many ways.

adilimran

@ VPS Enthusiast

(Virtovo)
This is my site which involve the cheap vps hosting, people visit my site and they are asking me about the vps plans and which vps is better and why it is better... So i need some expert advice with some authentications so that i can reply to my visitors.

and

@ VPS Hobbyist

(dcdan)
This is not a spam, i need some expert advice for my site so the visitors come to my site can get what is best for them and they won't be confuse.

adilimran

I am basically want an expert advice for vps so that i can give the good options to my visitors. They are basically curious about the server security, performance, cheaper, extra advantages..
These are some concerns which they are worried about it and i need to give them a proper authentic advice..

HostStage

Can you tell me which VPS is better Windows or Linux?

Which one is more reliable and cheap and which provide me better services?
Actually, it really depends on your needs. Are you after applications hosting or ASP.net website hosting ? Exchange ? Remote Computer running windows ?

Those are the main reasons why you would go for windows. 

If you are after a regular web hosting project, then Linux would serve you better as far as you don't have the OS layer which is using a significant fraction of your ressources pool and it is straight forward to use especially with a control panel

However, if you don't want to pay a control panel nor use one, on linux then Windows may be easier to administrate even though you don't master the IIS role. You can still set up Wamp and it is ready to go live.

amuck-landowner