amuck-landowner

WHMCS 6.01 is released

Bruce

Verified Provider
V601ReleaseBanner.png

We are pleased to announce the release of WHMCS 6.0.1.

Bug fixes I guess

release notes

also, 6.1 is "on its way"

We have some very exciting plans ahead for version 6, and work is already underway towards the 6.1 release which will see the introduction of a number of new order form choices.

Last edited by a moderator:

Licensecart

I love this from their blog comments:

Jay C. Burton • 2 hours ago

A 46.7 MB patch set from 6.0.0 to 6.0.1?!? WTF?

whmcs WHMCS Staff Jay C. Burton • 2 hours ago 

The /vendor/ directory we always have to ship in full since we don't track 3rd party vendor individual file changes, so the incremental files may appear quite large due to this.

Jay C. Burton whmcs • an hour ago 

And if there were no changes in that folder? Or are you saying there were also changes in that folder?

whmcs WHMCS Staff Jay C. Burton • 31 minutes ago 

The folder will always be included, regardless of if there are any changes or not.

HBAndrei

Verified Provider
"But for the love of God man, are any files changed in that directory or not?!?"

"It'll always be included, no matter what."

:D

Bruce

Verified Provider
will WHMCS be supporting v5.3 with security fixes? or will 6.x become necessary when there's a problem?

Tyler

They don't patch security updates on EOL versions, well they didn't for 5.2 if I remember correctly.
5.3 should get extended support (LTS) and should not be EOL for another year... at least that's what a responsible software vendor would do.

In other news, WHMCS will be providing patches only to 6.x.x

Bruce

Verified Provider
given that 6.0 is not yet accepted as production ready, it seems a bit unreasonable to EOL 5.3 in just a few months time. lets assume it will take another 2 months before it is generally accepted as being production ready, that's only a month to test and deploy your production WHMCS before you're abandoned (WRT security updates)

is this a push by WHMCS to force users into using 6.x whether they like it or not?

somewhat cynical view, but it's interesting that support costs went up on June 22, and weeks later 6.0 was released (July 7th)

info from WHMCS:

http://docs.whmcs.com/Long_Term_Support

Licensecart

given that 6.0 is not yet accepted as production ready, it seems a bit unreasonable to EOL 5.3 in just a few months time. lets assume it will take another 2 months before it is generally accepted as being production ready, that's only a month to test and deploy your production WHMCS before you're abandoned (WRT security updates)

is this a push by WHMCS to force users into using 6.x whether they like it or not?

somewhat cynical view, but it's interesting that support costs went up on June 22, and weeks later 6.0 was released (July 7th)

info from WHMCS:

http://docs.whmcs.com/Long_Term_Support
That's just how WHMCS do it :) if you look at that table on the bottom the dates all vary 5.1 made in July 2012, was EOL in November 2013. This July it expires next July. They just want everyone on 6 as it's the first major release since cPanel took over. So if it's buggy or not you have no choice :).

Husky

Verified Dog
Verified Provider
I'm still reluctant to update. How breaky is it coming off of the 5.x branch?

Licensecart

I'm still reluctant to update. How breaky is it coming off of the 5.x branch?

Heard weird stuff :p like modules garden modules aren't fully working, solusvm had to update their module.

Cron jobs breaking / piping breaking due to them moving the piping files.

FastCGI: Issue with WHMCS v6 on install and upgrade

Cron Jobs: WHMCS Cron Issues - 500 Error

TOS issue: WHMCS: Force clients to accept TOS doesn't work with PayPal Express?

Template issue: WHMCS Template Error (Might be an issue with a third party theme and not WHMCS)

WHMCS SQL Injection (don't believe it's patched 5.3 + 6.0): https://twitter.com/aboul3la/status/616589882077614080

There's a thread on LET with people complaining about stuff too, but that's all I know of.

lbft

RHEL7/CentOS 7 and Debian 7 will most likely keep supporting their packages of PHP 5.4 until those distro releases reach the end of their life cycle (RHEL7 doesn't end security support until 2024). Although obviously the backporting gets more limited as time goes on, there will still be security support for a long time yet for those distro packaged versions, long after the PHP team moves on.

Husky

Verified Dog
Verified Provider
PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.7 (cli) (built: Mar 16 2015 20:47:39)
Copyright (c) 1997-2014 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.5.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2014 Zend Technologies
    with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.7.3, Copyright (c) 2002-2014, by ionCube Ltd., and
    with Zend OPcache v7.0.3, Copyright (c) 1999-2014, by Zend Technologies
Seems to work fine with WHMCS 5.3 so no issues with the 5.4 EOL here.

MightWeb-Greg

Verified Provider
Heard weird stuff :p like modules garden modules aren't fully working, solusvm had to update their module.

Cron jobs breaking / piping breaking due to them moving the piping files.

FastCGI: Issue with WHMCS v6 on install and upgrade

Cron Jobs: WHMCS Cron Issues - 500 Error

TOS issue: WHMCS: Force clients to accept TOS doesn't work with PayPal Express?

Template issue: WHMCS Template Error (Might be an issue with a third party theme and not WHMCS)

WHMCS SQL Injection (don't believe it's patched 5.3 + 6.0): https://twitter.com/aboul3la/status/616589882077614080

There's a thread on LET with people complaining about stuff too, but that's all I know of.
Do you know if solusvm released a updated plugin yet? That's kind of what I've been waiting on. But I'm glad to see that I waited with all of the randomness that's been going on with the update.

Licensecart

Do you know if solusvm released a updated plugin yet? That's kind of what I've been waiting on. But I'm glad to see that I waited with all of the randomness that's been going on with the update.
Sorry for the delay mate, yeah they have a new update it came out a few hours after the release.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
So, to those of you who have upgraded: What are your thoughts? Happy with it so far?

I run a WHMCS install for managing the billing of advertisers but haven't upgraded yet since some comments here weren't super positive. Though upgrading is on my to-do list, just after I do everything else that is on my list as well...

amuck-landowner