amuck-landowner

WHMCS got pwned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiotSecurity

Looks like Zoned decided to release all of WHMCS's 5.2.7 source code.

[link removed - use google if curious]

Last edited by a moderator:

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
Lmfao -- Theres a few decoded versions, and it's not hard to get your hands on a Ioncube decoder if you have the dosh for it.

Nothing special about what he's done, except encourage warez.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I am less concerned by Riot/Curtis than I am the Jake account on LET.

That Jake must be on CC payroll.

In all fairness this post is fair pickings.  Not materially different post and link goes same place as above by OP.

nunim

VPS Junkie
This isn't hack forums, nor is this news.. 

Why isn't this just deleted?  I didn't think VPS board encouraged this sort of thing.

nunim

VPS Junkie
It's simple news. That is the reason it was posted, nothing more, nothing less.
No, it's not news.  WHMCS didn't get "pwned" it got decoded, which has happened a billion times before and will continue to happen as long as the nulled software community exists.

That blog seems like it's written by a 15 year old who has no idea what InfoSec is and who thinks that running someone else's software through someone else's decrypter and posting the results is "news".

TL:DR Keep this kind of trash off VPSBoard before the quality of the community becomes comparable to LET.

RiotSecurity

No, it's not news.  WHMCS didn't get "pwned" it got decoded, which has happened a billion times before and will continue to happen.  
Okay, is there an issue with me posting it here? If so you can take it up with me in PM, otherwise don't derail the thread.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I am less concerned by Riot/Curtis than I am the Jake account on LET.

That Jake must be on CC payroll.

In all fairness this post is fair pickings.  Not materially different post and link goes same place as above by OP.
Judging by the IP logs in the 5 minute window between this thread opening and it being posted on LET I can say I am 91.99% sure it's Adam Ng / Kevin Hillstrand / whatever other fake names the kid uses. Too lazy to dig up the other cross posted threads to confirm, but if I get bored later I'll do that to increase my certainty.

This isn't hack forums, nor is this news.. 

Why isn't this just deleted?  I didn't think VPS board encouraged this sort of thing.
It's not content we encourage. I'd rather see good tutorials or good discussion being posted. Like most threads regarding this type of questionable stuff, the members will likely agree with your and other's sentiment regarding it and after some flaming and name calling it gets out of hand and the thread will be locked. I suspect that is what will happen with this one. :)

EDIT: I'll save myself the hassle and lock it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner