amuck-landowner

WHMCS to double their price of owned licenses.

OnSebastian

Verified Provider
The main reason for me to not switch to Blesta is the missing German language support.

I'm not having any problem with the english language personally, and most of our customers are international customers who speak english but in germany we need to provide our website and control panel also in german.

If Blesta would have german language support (client area only is sufficient) I would probably already have switched from WHMCS to Blesta.

I also know about the Blesta translation project but I do not want to put any ressource into that currently. (Also WHMCS is not offering german language by default but there is a german board that offers a WHMCS translation).

Licensecart

The main reason for me to not switch to Blesta is the missing German language support.

I'm not having any problem with the english language personally, and most of our customers are international customers who speak english but in germany we need to provide our website and control panel also in german.

If Blesta would have german language support (client area only is sufficient) I would probably already have switched from WHMCS to Blesta.

I also know about the Blesta translation project but I do not want to put any ressource into that currently. (Also WHMCS is not offering german language by default but there is a german board that offers a WHMCS translation).
Ah there's only 32% completed, not sure if that's the client area stuff or a mixture. I don't know many German customers or mates to help complete it for you.

Licensecart

google translate isn't perfect, might be better than nothing though
Yeah the guys at blesta are going to add that soon so we can see the Google version and the English and then you enter the text so some people can just copy the Google one and then update stuff as more customers come around. Currently under EXT-1

Last edited by a moderator:

HBAndrei

Verified Provider
Since we're on WHMCS pricing, I just remembered, why for the love of God do they charge a monthly fee for the two factor auth provided for FREE by google?...

It's not so much about the money (2 bucks/month, I spend 4 times that each day on smokes alone) but it's about the principle of it... why charge for something you get for free and something that only makes your platform more secure overall?

Licensecart

Since we're on WHMCS pricing, I just remembered, why for the love of God do they charge a monthly fee for the two factor auth provided for FREE by google?...

It's not so much about the money (2 bucks/month, I spend 4 times that each day on smokes alone) but it's about the principle of it... why charge for something you get for free and something that only makes your platform more secure overall?
Yeah a lot of people including me was pissed but I paid it until I left and I remember they had a $1.25 invoice still on my account when I left lol since I had a bit of account credit. It was supposed to be free:

whmcs-matt.png

But hey they only care about money, and their customers will pay them for blood.

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?69947-2-Factor-Authentication-with-Google-Authenticator-missing&p=302691#post302691

Chris:

WHMCS' software is extremely inexpensive for the functionality it provides. With TOTP included, it ultimately comes out to .56 CENTS a day (branded monthly version) to effectively be the only piece of software a Web Hosting Provider needs other than a server control panel to run their business. 

I personally wouldn't call that bleeding.
I listed that on my http://whmcs.rip site.

Licensecart

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
Because people want it.. and if they want to use it they will pay for it.

HBAndrei

Verified Provider
Because people want it.. and if they want to use it they will pay for it.
People are already paying for the WHMCS product as a whole... and two factor auth should have been included in the product by default once they coded the addon... what you're saying makes sense only if they're money hungry and don't care too much about client satisfaction... "oh, look at this thing that's implemented on most platforms for free because it adds an extra layer of security for the users, should I just add it to my platform as well? or should I call it an addon and charge money for it?"

amuck-landowner