WHMCS vs Kayako vs Zendesk

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by DudeThatsErin, Sep 9, 2017.

Which do you like better?

1. WHMCS

33.3%
  2. Kayako

66.7%
  3. Zendesk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other; Post below and let me know please!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DudeThatsErin

DudeThatsErin New Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Which is better? Why?

Right now I'm using WHMCS for my hosting site but I've been thinking about switching. Should I or is WHMCS good enough?

It comes free with the hosting I have so it is going from free to a paid service which is why I wanted to see what you guys thought.

I've also googled but the last post I saw here for it was in 2014 and I'm sure a lot has changed in 3 years.

2. MannDude

MannDude Just a dude vpsBoard Founder Moderator

Mar 8, 2013
    MannDude
    For a support desk, I really enjoyed Kayako. WHMCS is nice, and perhaps it's changed over the last couple years since I've last really used it, but Kayako at the time (for a support desk) was much nicer and simply had a ton more features that came in handy for a large company. Keep in mind that my experience with Kayako was only the support desk that was intergrated into a large company's custom billing portal and platform, so your mileage may vary.

No real experience with ZenDesk so I can't comment on that.

DudeThatsErin likes this.
  3. Liquidips

Liquidips New Member

Sep 7, 2017
    For a support desk in a company, Ideally Kayako will be perfect. but it lacks automation

4. MannDude

MannDude Just a dude vpsBoard Founder Moderator

Mar 8, 2013
    MannDude
    What sort of automation are you seeking? You can do automatic replies, closing of tickets after a period of inactivity, etc via kayako.

5. herehost

herehost New Member

Jul 20, 2017
    We using WHMCS for billing system integrated with it's API with php framework and we are very happy from it. If you going to sell or resell WHMCS is perfect for this.

6. zomgmike

zomgmike Member Verified Provider

Jul 17, 2013
    Kayako is better than WHMCS' ticket system. I haven't used ZenDesk. A huge upside to Kayako is the integration of both Livechat and tickets using the same service (as opposed to using yet another option to add livechat) The downside, of course, is the price.

7. DudeThatsErin

DudeThatsErin New Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Good to know. Thanks for reporting your experience with both!

What kind of automation are you referring to?

I would need automation of creating, terminating, and modifying (upgrading/downgrading) accounts. As well as registering domains and such.

That automatic replies and such seems like a basic feature to me.

Thanks for sharing. I've been using WHMCS and it works I was just thinking about switching but it sounds like the best solution from what I've found online and here.

Do they have their own live chat? Is that how they are able to do that?

Right now I have them separate and I saw some place that had them together and thought that was cool but I did see the price. I think that may have been Kayako. Would be nice to have them together like that and for live chats to automatically create tickets but that seems minor.

Does it have the same automation that WHMCS does? As in creating, modifying, or terminating accounts as well as email accounts and adding/transferring domains?

8. zomgmike

zomgmike Member Verified Provider

Jul 17, 2013
    Kayako is only support software, it does not do billing as well. It can be integrated nicely with WHMCS. It features a lot more options in tickets, such as "automatically reopen this ticket in X hours" and things like that.