amuck-landowner

Who is going to disappear first - Burst.net/DigiPlus vs. volumeDrive

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
In light of the prior smackdown between Burstnet and volumeDrive over past due money and leasing owed, and with observation of Burst's sudden mass dumping of customers (move to random North Carolina and accept 30%+ rate hikes across many products) --- who is going under first?

Is it:

Burst.net

or 

volumeDrive

qps

Verified Provider
From what I could tell the last time I logged in, there won't be much news until the trial starts, which is scheduled to start in the summer (I want to say June/July, but I could be wrong, it's been a while since I looked).   

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
The case is Data Sales (leasing company) vs VolumeDrive.

Oh I know about that. I have all the documents for it up till like 2 weeks ago. I will post them here in a moment. 

KuJoe

Verified Provider
If BurstNet is smart they will. Somebody on WHT posted a really good strategy for BurstNet to accomplish the same thing they are doing now without the negative impact of it. We'll see how it goes.

If there were ever a worldwide nuclear war, only cockroaches and BurstNET would remain  :lol:

They rank too well on too many search terms not to enjoy a continual stream of new customers. A botched migration won't put them out of business. They've endured many major outages in the past, several mega threads on WebHostingTalk and they've always bounced right back.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Well,  the lawsuit by Datasales is just one of volumeDrive's issues.

volumeDrive also has potential for suit from Burst.net who they supposedly owe north of $100k to also.

volumeDrive also has the runner they did in Florida and multiple pending/ongoing legal actions there.

Burt in contrast has the vulture capital folks grinding the company up and doing boneheaded moves one after another and shuttering locations.  They also have potential outstanding matter involving stiffing their electric provider. Case was filed in 2012 and unsure of final outcome (if still open).

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
volumeDrive also has potential for suit from Burst.net who they supposedly owe north of $100k to also.
Not a chance in hell of Burst suing VD because they know VD could turn around and file a far larger suit  (and win) against Burst for tortious interference due to ex-CEO Shawn's postings on WHT during the VD move.

Burt in contrast has the vulture capital folks grinding the company up and doing boneheaded moves one after another and shuttering locations
Bone headed moves as far as some of the current customers and staff are concerned but if the moves lower the company's costs and increase revenues it could lead to a big payoff 1-2 years down the road when they sell Burst (and they will sell it, and the main reason for the current moves is because the game plan is to sell).

Cloudrck

Verified Provider
Not a chance in hell of Burst suing VD because they know VD could turn around and file a far larger suit  (and win) against Burst for tortious interference due to ex-CEO Shawn's postings on WHT during the VD move.
How can you be so sure? Aside from the fact that everyone's a lawyer online.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I can't see vD prevailing in libel/slander suit - if they pursued one.

As Burst went public with it, details appear to be factual and mirror what vD did in Florida to another provider/DC.

Word has it, there are officially FELONY level bad check(s) wrote by vD in Florida.

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
Well, a company per se can't write a felony-level bad check.  I guess they would go after who actually wrote the check.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Well, a company per se can't write a felony-level bad check.  I guess they would go after who actually wrote the check.
Corporate veil is pierced when the CEO knowingly does such directly.

Funny vD argued venue was improper in that State / had never been there.   Allegedly security cameras prove otherwise to the Court.

vD is going down.

amuck-landowner