amuck-landowner

Who prints VPS welcome e-mails?

tallship

Verified Provider
I know we customize our messages. Generic is like a blue stripe on a white beer can.

The advisement is just a standard business recommendation, and people really should save or print to a pdf and save those, as well as copies of their paid invoices, IMO.

It's just good business practice, and whether you save a pdf to disk and archive it or whether you kill a tree and file the hard copy iin a cabinet it just makes sense to keep a record of things like that.

I hope that helps :)

Kindest regards,

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
@tallship, yes, I can definitely see the value of keeping a record of such things, and I do - in my e-mail. PayPal and my bank also keep track of what I have paid out, and provider client areas keep track of my VPS info. With all these records floating around, it makes no sense to kill that tree just to make another one.

tallship

Verified Provider
@tallship, yes, I can definitely see the value of keeping a record of such things, and I do - in my e-mail. PayPal and my bank also keep track of what I have paid out, and provider client areas keep track of my VPS info. With all these records floating around, it makes no sense to kill that tree just to make another one.
Yeah, and not only that, but if you ever get audited, you can just show up to the IRS offices with a smartphone and some old antiquated portable thermal printer and say, "Oh, you want a copy of that too? Sure, lemme print you one off. should be done in a few minutes." After a few times of which, they'll prolly say, "Just stop. Go. Get out of here! Your tax returns are fine." LOL.

rds100

Verified Provider
Hey, >90% of the people can't be bothered to read the ToS, you are asking about printing the welcome email :)

arelink

Hey, >90% of the people can't be bothered to read the ToS, you are asking about printing the welcome email :)

>90% jump over to the login details and don't even read the full welcome email. And yes I just made this number up.

But, there really is no need to actually print out anything. I do know some people that actually print things like welcome emails and even file them up.

LusoVPS

Verified Provider
It's quite frustrating when a customer asks us a question that's answered on the first email. Maybe the password shouldn't be on the top of the email, but instead on the end, so that the customer is forced to read the entire email :)

But answering OP, no, I don't print out the welcome emails. I keep them on the inbox.

Regards

amuck-landowner