amuck-landowner

Wholesaleinternet $19 per Month - Server Grab Bags.. more stock!

jarland

The ocean is digital
Didn't notice it was unmetered, nice. Wouldn't mind having an upgrade option for metered (say, 5TB) BW at 1Gbit though, because I'm not a data abuser, but a speed demon  :p
Last server I had with them was "100mbit unmetered" aka 1Gbps unmetered so long as usage wasn't deal breaking. An unspoken arrangement I gathered.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
While it does say 100mbit port in reality it's more like it's on a 1gbit .. i hav no problem doind 65MB/s and up.. but for sure you get way over 11MB/s
Yes, I remember now. I had a VPS in that DC once supposed to be 100mbit. I was getting at least 400mbit. Deal sounds better and better... Would actually be my first dedi if I sprang for it. Gimme, gimme, gimme...

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
These deals though, while being $20 cheaper @jarland than say a L5420 are to be avoided :)

While it does say 100mbit port in reality it's more like it's on a 1gbit .. i hav no problem doind 65MB/s and up.. but for sure you get way over 11MB/s
Wow!  That's a nice freebie.  

I contemplated the Atom :)  But it's such a slacker CPU these days. 

earl

These deals though, while being $20 cheaper @jarland than say a L5420 are to be avoided :)

Wow!  That's a nice freebie.  

I contemplated the Atom :)  But it's such a slacker CPU these days. 
Just go for the c2q or c2d it's worth it IMO... i also have a l5520 with datashack that have 24gb of ram..i made a 4gb ramdisk and was getting 1.9gb/s with DD lol...

earl

If anyone who got their server already, mind posting what you end up getting? I ordered the C2Q got a Q9550, I'm curious about the C2D

365Networks

The grab bags are all running at 100Mbps, the regular stocked servers are 100Mbps Unmetered w/ a free port upgrade to 1Gbps.

We have a C2Q and got a Q9400 :) Runs great!

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
Personally, I am kind of skeptical of WII because of this part of their TOS:

• Piracy, hacking, cracking, phreaking, warez, pyrotechnics, exploitive software or text that educates or encourages this activity and/or use are not allowed.
  • You may not upload ROMs and Emulators. This is non-negotiable.
I can understand not allowing ROMs as they are technically "warez."  But emulators are just computer programs, and... text about pyrotechnics is not allowed?  Seriously...?

Also:

We are not liable for any damage or loss of data due to insufficient cooling, heating, bandwidth or acts of God. This includes colocation or dedicated servers.
The fact that they have considered that their CRAC systems may be insufficient worries me greatly.  I certainly wouldn't colo with them.  At least not with any hardware I actually cared about.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
The fact that they have considered that their CRAC systems may be insufficient worries me greatly.  I certainly wouldn't colo with them.  At least not with any hardware I actually cared about.

True.  That is concerning and proves people should read ToS and legalese before even considering a place.

I know they have had high temps in their offlocation 'Shack facility in past year.  I believe they've built out more cooling capacity there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Holoshed

I think a lot of what they post is humor, like pyrotechnics. Now for the emulators I do not understand either, but I guess they could have had some trouble in the past and like most warnings, a specific incident spawned it.

As for heating and cooling, maybe their servers are just too hot to handle and stuff... :wacko:

The grab bags are all running at 100Mbps, the regular stocked servers are 100Mbps Unmetered w/ a free port upgrade to 1Gbps.

We have a C2Q and got a Q9400 :) Runs great!
I thought that it would just be 100Mbps for my server also but last month I got my Core2Duo E6300 and port speed: "Speed: 1000Mb/s" so I am pretty happy with it.

amuck-landowner