amuck-landowner

WHT Down

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Yeah though it's not $300/year, it's $300/quarter. I only used Corporate for the keyword alerts really.. then realised Google Alerts did just as well.. so yeah, no corp for me.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Yeah though it's not $300/year, it's $300/quarter. I only used Corporate for the keyword alerts really.. then realised Google Alerts did just as well.. so yeah, no corp for me.
But Google alerts don't work in the Premium forums!

I hear if you say Martin's name 3X in the Premium Forums that an angry ol' Scot will appear beside you to murder you.

nunim

VPS Junkie
But Google alerts don't work in the Premium forums!

I hear if you say Martin's name 3X in the Premium Forums that an angry ol' Scot will appear beside you to murder you.
Is there anything of actual value in the Premium forums?  I can browse the topics and there doesn't seem to be that much activity.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Is there anything of actual value in the Premium forums?  I can browse the topics and there doesn't seem to be that much activity. 

Eh, it depends. You can make some connections in there, get to know some good people, etc. But other than that, not a whole lot. Some stuff For Sale that may be offered there before the general public of WHT or perhaps at a discounted rate. So may be able to score some hardware and stuff for cheap. Really not a ton of active threads in the premium sections anymore besides the Premium Members Thread which is a long ongoing chat that gets closed after 4,000 responses and then a new one is started.  We used to fill those up in a few days. Now it takes a few days for a single page to be added.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
$1200 per year?!?!?!?! WTF?

What do you supposedly get for all the jingle?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
$1200 per year?!?!?!?! WTF?

What do you supposedly get for all the jingle?
Post in the ad forums every 3 days instead of 7, I believe. Keyword alerts, and a Corportate Badge to make you look more trustworthy on the forum. It may be worth it for some. The increased exposure is hard to put a price on as well as the appearance of being more reputable.

WHT has a lot of big companies represented on there, so that's not much money. You have to understand that companies on there aren't selling $7/mo VMs and often have much more financial resources.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marc M.

Phoenix VPS
Verified Provider
WHT has a lot of big companies represented on there, so that's not much money. You have to understand that companies on there aren't selling $7/mo VMs and often have much more financial resources.
@MannDude it would be nice if they would spend some of that money to modernize their forum a little bit. Or is too much to ask for avatars and a color scheme that doesn't make think of zombies/world war II/rat infested basements/1986 Chernobyl disaster... and so on...

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
Is there anything of actual value in the Premium forums? I can browse the topics and there doesn't seem to be that much activity.
At least 3 years ago: not really.  Not sure about now, haven't bothered to have premium membership on WHT since then.

Also, HostingCon is a crock in my opinion, too.

Jack

TLDR;

• You pays money and get nothing much for it.
  • You pays money and get treated like shit by the staff
  • You pays money and get ignored by the staff
  • You pays money and your offer posts are quickly lost to the myriad of complete and utter shite.
I pays money too?

VPSCorey

Verified Provider
Yeah posting every 3 days for a few minutes of exposure in the Shared and VPS forums is not even worth it.  If you really want to get use out of WHT you have to get your customers out there writing reviews on WHT.  Gains a lot more traction for you when someone starts checking.

amuck-landowner