Why do web hosts not use AMD processors in servers?

Lewis-H

A lot of providers remember the issues with the older AMD's not having the best performance which I believe leads to providers being slower to make any switches.
I'm sure a lot of companies are testing a few systems out to see if it's worth making a switch. The other problem is a large amount of buyers are looking for Intel products which over the years we've had very little requests for AMD.

Give it a bit more time and I'm sure we'll see more AMD offerings from providers on here. If you need AMD or want it you can also always message a provider you like and most shouldn't have issues ordering one for you.

hostneverdie

Many web hosting providers still prefer Intel Xeon for servers. AMD are used mainly for graphics and gaming in Desktop.
AMD EPYC Servers are hard to find. But I think they are high performance servers that would be worth to try.

RuskinF

AMD servers are used by various hosting businesses. AMD is just not that well-spread in the market as Intel.
AMD server processors are way better than Intel's. And AMD processors give better multi-core performance than Intel. This has been proved a million times by now.
AMD has also introduced a hyper-threading facility in its processors. They are on-par with Intel in all the fields.
I intend to get AMD server hosting for myself.