amuck-landowner

Why You're in Web Hosting Business?

stromonic

I was in high school when I came to know about web hosting, firstly I created a blog with WordPress then I started reading about other blogs and how they started their online journey, I turned into a blogger for about 3 long years writing blog posts on that blog.

But suddenly the performance of that web hosting started decreasing, everyday server was down for a few minutes, lots of errors, etc. I started searching for web hosting providers on Google, and joined some web hosting forums, I came to know about web hosting business. That's the start.

I researched about the business, and opt-in for reseller hosting of my initial business days, then slowly upgraded to VPS, then to Dedicated Servers then end up doing Colocation.

I have faced lots of challenges during this journey, like one day my data center suspended my server because someone created a scam website on my server and instead of sending us the abuse mail, they directly suspended the server, so awful. When I asked for SSH access to migrate the websites, they simply denied it. I have spent more than 24 hours of sleepless nights in front of PC, and recovered most of the websites from a backup server.

I failed in the web hosting business 2 times, Yes! You got me right - TWO Times, I have failed in the web hosting business. The sales was not enough to even repay the server bills at some point. Got bankrupted so many times that I started shaking over my decisions, I was asking myself am I doing something wrong?

Consistency and Patience are the keys to success. I don't think I am doing this business for money, I wanted to change and make the web hosting better, this remained the same even after so many years.

I still think I am not successful from my point of view, still, I'm hustling and solving problems frequently. But I love what I am doing still after so many sleepless nights, bankruptcies, and back pains. I hope one day, I will call everyone and shout out that "I did it".

What's your web hosting journey? Why even you're in this place?

Jack134

Ownwebservers is one of our top-rated web hosting for a variety of reasons. For starters, it comes with a bespoke control panel that makes managing your own hosting much easier. While live phone support isn't available around the clock, the supplier is quick to respond to live chat and tickets.

Ownwebservers also stores all of its data on speedy SSDs, offers a free SSL certificate, and enables SSH access to those plans aimed for more advanced users. Unlimited Web Hosting plan starts at just $3/month.

amuck-landowner