amuck-landowner

WireSix/FrontRangeHosting CDN, PUSH PULL VOD STREAM @ 0.038/GB or 39.00/TB

VPSCorey

Verified Provider
Front Range Hosting is looking for people wanting a global CDN with better pricing than Akamai, Rack Space, or Amazon AWS.

Our Pricing is simple.  .038/GB that’s approx 39.00/TB of data transfer.

We support:

HTTP Pull
HTTP Push
VOD
Streaming

No Content Restrictions other than it be supported and Legal.

Setup is simple, create an origin domain i.e. cdn.yourdomain.com and setup a simple A record to point to our unique identifier and change your html code to load images, files, etc from cdn.yourdomain.com the network automatically downloads the content and caches it for you.  Look Ma NO HANDS!

For those looking to distribute videos and large files we have PUSH VOD and Streaming modes as well!  Create your resource like above and FTP the content into our servers and it’s distributed globally to all our pop locations.

Buy Now!

Our CDN Powered by OnApp and our global federation of CDN providers gives your websites the edge they need to load quicker, which increases conversions and customer retention.  One study of a major internet retailer estimated that 1 second of load time would cost them over 2 billion dollars in sales a year.  For smaller companies with tighter budgets this means it's even more important to use every tool you can to retain those customers and convert new clients.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Pretty neat, curious to see how it goes... Utilizing a CDN for vpsBoard is something I've been looking into for a while. :)

peterw

The setup fee is just the base pool of money to pay for CDN access,

once your balance drops to 2.50 it will invoice you to top up your balance.

Essentially you are buying 50GB of CDN transfer, with a 25GB buffer

where it will top off at 25GB or 2.50 back to 5.00 so you have a buffer

before you run out of CDN capacity.
Nice pop list: https://www.frontrangehosting.com/cdn.php

038/GB is a good price but I have to pay 5$ to get 50 GB. The two numbers do not match.

George_Fusioned

Verified Provider
Setup is simple, create an origin domain i.e. cdn.yourdomain.com and setup a simple A record to point to our unique identifier and change your html code to load images, files, etc from cdn.yourdomain.com the network automatically downloads the content and caches it for you.
You probably mean a CNAME record ;)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Sounds good, looks good.

More info.

There is a $5 account startup fee.  Of that something is usable towards BW/use...

How does one accomplish the $39 per TB?

VPSCorey

Verified Provider
Sorry my alerts were spam binned.

So 5.00 is just the initial deposit, have not figured out a good way for it to quit saying setup fee.

It goes towards your bandwidth usage, once your account balance hits 2.50 it sends a top up invoice and will charge a credit card or take from our account balance if you have one.

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
It is just the OnApp federated CDN.  Due to limitations in the OnApp product, my understanding is that the CDN uptime statistics are unavailable (except for the local nodes).

Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong here.

VPSCorey

Verified Provider
I can see the uptime of individual locations of providers.  Each pop is required to maintain at minimum 2 servers with 3 ip's per server.  So uptime is generally excellent.  Even if a node drops off it's automatically rerouted to the next nearest pop.  So unless you're in far east asia, oceaniana, south america and africa then there are plenty of other pops nearby to fail over to.

VPSCorey

Verified Provider
You start at 5.00 and as traffic reduces the 5.00 to 2.50 at 2.50 you get a topoff invoice to bring the balance up to 5.00 again or more if you know you're going to be using more.

Yeah any money in there does not expire.

Coastercraze

Top Thrill
Verified Provider
Need to fix your site. As far as the CDN, do we need to go through Front Range or can it be ordered via a WireSix account?

VPSCorey

Verified Provider
@Coastercraze no order through FrontRange were getting ready to start refarming the domains and front range would redirect to WireSix.com  Still the FRH billing system just trying to finish up some back end stuff to do the rebranding.

amuck-landowner