amuck-landowner

Woolwich attack in UK!

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
There has been stuff removed from the media, when it first kicked off there was live footage and pictures now there isn't as much on the main news outlets just all the repeated crap.

Ifs its not terrorism or some crack head then i don't know what it is.. but shits kicking off here in the UK!.

Leyton

Verified Provider
This was absolutely horrendous, especially with the fact it was in broad daylight.

I extend my thoughts and prayers to the family of the attacked.

It's a bit of a strange one to be called a terrorist attack, but I suppose it is outright murder with terrorist motives - which (after writing it) still sounds like a "terrorist attack".

Even still, I hope there aren't any copy-cat attacks... or riots.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alto

Even still, I hope there aren't any copy-cat attacks... or riots.

There was rioting last night in Woolwich, about 300 in the streets apparently. I wouldn't be surprised if we see more, especially with the EDL and the BNP looking to make the most of the opportunity to spread their 'message'.

Licensecart

Just for you guys who don't know yet, I saw this from FreeRadio Facebook page:

This is 25 year old Drummer Lee Rigby of the 2nd Battalion the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers who was murdered yesterday in Woolwich.

He was a dad to a 2 year old little boy & was taken far too young. He'll be remembered as a brave hero, the same as all our armed forces.

946624_653548807995730_1864873489_n.jpg

joepie91

It's being termed a terrorist attack due to the motivation behind it, it was supposedly aimed at the armed forces and their families.
The word "terrorism" and "aimed at the armed forces and their families" have exactly zero to do with each other. It's used as a buzzword quite a bit, though. A bit like "cloud", except the use of "terrorism" as a buzzword has slightly more nefarious purposes.

Sorry but the Media doesn't make shit up about serious things like this.
You're kidding, right?

admin__velinux

There is a lot of uncertainty surrounding this incident, i would like to know why in a world like today where 9/10 people carry a mobile phone with a camera on, and people managed to get footage of every other part of the incident, why is it that nobody got footage from when the police initally turned up and opened fire? iv wondered this since the day it happened, i mean if there is footage out there i apologise for my lack of knowledge on this occurance but i havnt seen any. DISCLAIMER: i am not saying the police shouldnt have shot them, becuase they should.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
If you say they should have shot them, does it really matter if you get to see them doing it or not? There is some footage of it happening, too however I would imagine the majority of people seeing someone running at armed police, with a knife, would aim to be in a different location i.e. backs to the action and getting the hell away from it.

stim

@admin__velinux

I've seen footage of one of them rushing the police and being shot. The other guy apparently tried to shoot the rusty gun they had and it exploded in his hand. Both incompetent idiots.

'Terrorism' as a term is devalued when applied to incidents like this. Shocking though it was, the more appropriate description here is 'nutter-ism'. Describing every incident or near-miss as terrorism is a convenient excuse to allow governments to further erode our rights. This has been abundantly confirmed in the past weeks with the revelations about PRISM, TEMPORA, etc. 

And it's not just the US - the Snowden revelations show wide-scale collusion between countries in sharing of this collected 'intelligence'  data. This allows Obama to conveniently claim that th NSA does not spy on American citizens. Technically correct, however the British, Swedes  and Germans DO pass scooped-up American internet traffic to their US colleagues. So, Americans are being spied-on by proxy. This is not targeted - it is wholesale and indiscriminate. We are all being profiled by algorithm. 

This is not government by consent. Obama, Clapper et al are wiping their arses with the US constitution and the Universal declaration of Human rights. All in the name of ....

amuck-landowner