amuck-landowner

WSI

NodeBytes

Dedi Addict
I know their have been a lot of threads recently about Wholesale and their support not being top notch, today I really realized where they shine. I am currently working on setting up my new dedicated server from them and I decided I was going to move the hard drive from one of my dedis to another. Their support took a couple days to get back to me but they did and they said they would follow through with my request. They even let me schedule a specific time to do the work so I could get the servers back online in an efficient manner. Connor from their tech department has always been extremely helpful in the many tickets I have now opened for small issues or just questions I have had. 

If you are looking for a cheap dedi and you're okay with Cogent and HE you should give them a try. They are a really good company all around and they have really good support and bandwidth. I plan to stay with them for quite a while.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Wholesale Interenet is a solid operation, but with some cautions.

They seem to have more activity than staff to handle everything in manner many want (quick and completely).  Unsure how many servers they have in their facilities, but has to be a pretty big number by now.

I am apprehensive about doing more colo in their Datashack subsidiary/related company due to staffing.  Fact is, no real margins to cope with major problems.  It cuts into profits big time.

On the dedicated server side they are better, but not perfect either.

The prices and network overall quality are where WSI really shines.

shovenose

Verified Provider
Network is good, rock solid service. Oh and cheap ass pricing! Every time I want an OS reinstall,its done,in like half an hour :)

NickM

Verified Provider
I've had absolutely 0 problems so far with WSI in the few months I've had a server with them.  Support has been top notch, even replying quickly on the weekend.

earl

They are AWESOME! except for sales or billing, I don' think it's often you see $20/mo servers in the US.. A while back I was contemplating on doing colo but with the prices of their dedi it was overall just cheaper to rent from them than to colo your own machine

herbyscrub

I've sent in a few tickets that I explicitly stated "ultra low priority" and they still got back to me quickly on a weekend.  Pretty good stuff for $30/month.

earl

I've sent in a few tickets that I explicitly stated "ultra low priority" and they still got back to me quickly on a weekend.  Pretty good stuff for $30/month.
So did you decide to keep the server? on LET you said you might not renew but I think it's still a good deal for a C2Q

herbyscrub

So did you decide to keep the server? on LET you said you might not renew but I think it's still a good deal for a C2Q
Unlimited traffic on basically a 1Gbps port is just too good, but it's literally sitting here doing nothing haha.

amuck-landowner