amuck-landowner

XVM Labs - $5/year VPS is back!

dcdan

Verified Provider
For those folks who missed the launch of XVM Labs a few months ago, we are back in stock with two plans:

512 MB DDR3 ECC RAM
5 GB SSD RAID-10
100 GB Bandwidth on GigE
Platform: OpenVZ + KiwiVM
DC: QuadraNet (Los Angeles)
1 IPv4 (max. 4 IPv4)
$4.87 per year

1024 MB DDR3 ECC RAM
15 GB SSD RAID-10
300 GB Bandwidth on GigE
Platform: OpenVZ + KiwiVM
DC: QuadraNet (Los Angeles)
1 IPv4 (max. 4 IPv4)
$9.87 per year

Both plans can be ordered through xvmlabs.com.

Please keep in mind that this service is experimental which means possible unpredictable downtime, unscheduled maintenance, etc. We are developing a new backend for our system which would allow us to even better separate containers, which, in turn, would allow us to offer rock-bottom prices and at the same time remain profitable. The backend is in active development and XVM Labs basically runs on nightly builds.

We try our best to minimize disruptions. In the meantime, if you need more reliable service, consider using bandwagonhost.com or vpsblast.net.

Schultz

At these prices it's very, very tempting; what's the uptime like on the nodes in the last 3 months?

1GB of ram yearly for less than $10!? very  close to buying, lol.

willie

From http://xvmlabs.com/tos.php :

In order for us to assign an IPv4 or IPv6 address to a customer's hosting account, we must submit customer's personal information to the appropriate RIR (depending on the region).

Since when is that required for ipv6?  I thought it was just for ipv4.  Normally you get an enormous ipv6 block (like /32) and parcel them out as you see fit.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Both plans can be ordered through xvmlabs.com.
Lets say I'm brilliant and I clicked on the order button twice, and in the end just decided to pay for the two VMs just because.

Any possibility of combining the two VMs into one 1GB VM?

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner