amuck-landowner

Yahoo on the sale block starting today

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Google alum Marissa Myers has failed spectacularly over at Yahoo.  Currently Yahoo is slashing products and shuttering scores of services.

The company is currently valued at $28 billion while $26 billion seems attributable to their investment in Alibaba.

Potential buyers include:

• Verizon
  • Comcast
  • AT&T
  • Bain Capital
  • KKR & Co 
  • TPG

source: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-21/yahoo-said-to-start-approaching-possible-bidders-soon-as-monday

My money is on Verizon making a run for the assets.  Alibaba interests however are going to be taken out of the deal.  Meaning total deal value may be $2 billion or less.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I am no fan of VZ... I get what they are up to.

Verizon has this nagging union + regulator issue though.  They keep dumping megatons of cash into content plays and millennial publishing crap (when they aren't pretending the whole world is 4G).

Lots of cash VZ sopped up off rate payers for infra improvements and reinvest that never happened in way of high speed internet.

So lots of people are again after VZ over lingering shitty / slow DSL and the need to roll FIOS / fiber out wider.

VZ keeps these publishing plays going, they are going to get ultimatumed and spanked.  Legit wrong approach and only in conjunction alright where they are maintaining or selling off legacy monopoly crap they are fat parked on.

amuck-landowner