amuck-landowner

Black Friday and Cyber Monday predicitions.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Probably can't legally make 'bets' on here for offers we suspect to see, but I'm calling this out now.

Somewhere between the timeframe of Black Friday and Cyber Monday we will see a 10GB RAM VPS, OpenVZ (of course), likely being offered from Buffalo. I do not doubt we will see 6-8GB RAM VPSes at the laughable 'lowend price range' ($7/mo), and I am sure there will be at least one company trying to outdo everyone else's insane offers by upping the ante and offering more.

Now, of course no one in their right mind should buy into anything like this for anything at all remotely important. But I get this tingly feeling that someone will stoop to an all new low this year.

I may be wrong though. Time will tell.

Make your Black Friday and Cyber Monday predictions for the industry.

(Note: I'm not saying I want any of these deals, I'm quite happy with what I've got and don't mind paying a realistic price for a decent service. I'm not wanting fake resources, so don't misinterpret this as a wish list or anything. Simply a prediction I have for a crumbling and desperate portion of the lowest part of the barrel that is the lowend industry)

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Funny topic.   Better watch before someone thinks we are drunk on the haterade.

10GB of RAM you say.  Woop woop, the sound of the police. Boo ya kah!

I don't recall seeing many 6-8GB of RAM offers over at low end laughables.  Someone may have run a 6GB.  

Yes:

VPSDime – $7/Month 6GB RAM OpenVZ (Dallas)
That's the single offer that big and none bigger. 

I can't see anyone running a 8 or 10GB offer unless they have a big fat RAM box sitting empty.   But hey, imaginary resources are the stuff of daydreams over there on that other site.

I guarantee any company pushing these crazy deals or other massive loss plans will be on fringe of failure/turn over in < 6 months.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Funny topic.   Better watch before someone thinks we are drunk on the haterade.

10GB of RAM you say.  Woop woop, the sound of the police. Boo ya kah!

I don't recall seeing many 6-8GB of RAM offers over at low end laughables.  Someone may have run a 6GB.  

Yes:

That's the single offer that big and none bigger. 

I can't see anyone running a 8 or 10GB offer unless they have a big fat RAM box sitting empty.   But hey, imaginary resources are the stuff of daydreams over there on that other site.

I guarantee any company pushing these crazy deals or other massive loss plans will be on fringe of failure/turn over in < 6 months.
I'm not naming companies because I'm not going to narrow it down. There are a slew of providers who may take a bigger loss and offer this, even if it's just a publicity stunt or an attempt to draw customers in that may go with a slightly more realistic offer elsewhere. I hope I'm wrong. I think the 6GB offer wasn't even a special event or holiday pricing. Was just a random offer. Unsure if 8GB has happened in the past, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I only speculate we'll see 10GB this year because... well... someone has to try to stand out.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong. But I would not act surprised if I saw a limited deal like that. With all these companies going belly up, merging, selling, and dumping clients it seems some of the bottom of the barrel providers in this industry are more desperate than ever for sales.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: scv

johnlth93

I would love to see some IPv6 only deals coming out more, i am embracing IPv6 here  :)

But well, these LE* you know =) pretty sure what MannDude said going to happen  ^_^

SrsX

Banned
Well...

10GB Ram VPS - probably from ChicagoVPS

I'd like to personally see an Xen offer with 512mb-1gb ram.

mtwiscool

I think we will see 16GB Ram offers.

(and no thats not from me as my big ram for dirt cheap host is in early planning).

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Wait I got it.

I know what we are going to see amongst that pile... Well were until I went ruining it :)

An offer from the B2Net hosting mafia... You know, Aim2Game, SSDVPS, etc.   Annual plan(s).

amuck-landowner