amuck-landowner

East Coast DDOS Filtering

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
100 William Street didn't have any downtime during hurricane Sandy. 
If i am not wrong, then 100 William St was one of only a few that managed to stay up.

As for Ubiquity's DDOS protection out of 100 William St, it is just AutoNull or mitigated to a certain extent from my understanding

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
If i am not wrong, then 100 William St was one of only a few that managed to stay up.

As for Ubiquity's DDOS protection out of 100 William St, it is just AutoNull or mitigated to a certain extent from my understanding
Yep. They marketed it originally as actual filtering but you had to poke around their site for the a proper description.

Right now internally the votes go:

Anthony: $6+

Aldryic: $3 - $4

Karen: $4

Me: $3 - $4

So we'll likely go with $4.00/month/IP if this goes ahead. I'm waiting on a reply on a few support tickets before we get more grease on the tracks.

No, there isn't any discounts because you're wanting to buy more IP's at once. The costs of this deployment are pretty high so we aren't wanting to be supporting this out of our own pockets for a year just to cut some more discounts. With that being said, $4/month isn't a bad price (especially since there's no other proper east coast filtering).

There was a few people that were only interested if it was at $3.00/month but I get the feeling if they need to shave the latency they'll bite even at $1.00/m more. If you think about it you're literally arguing over a $1.00/m difference for burst 10gig filtering >_>

Anyone looking for bulk purchases please let me know in PM so I can arrange an adequate allocation size.

Francisco

Last edited by a moderator:

RiotSecurity

Yep. They marketed it originally as actual filtering but you had to poke around their site for the a proper description.

Right now internally the votes go:

Anthony: $6+

Aldryic: $3 - $4

Karen: $4

Me: $3 - $4

So we'll likely go with $4.00/month/IP if this goes ahead. I'm waiting on a reply on a few support tickets before we get more grease on the tracks.

No, there isn't any discounts because you're wanting to buy more IP's at once. The costs of this deployment are pretty high so we aren't wanting to be supporting this out of our own pockets for a year just to cut some more discounts. With that being said, $4/month isn't a bad price (especially since there's no other proper east coast filtering).

There was a few people that were only interested if it was at $3.00/month but I get the feeling if they need to shave the latency they'll bite even at $1.00/m more. If you think about it you're literally arguing over a $1.00/m difference for burst 10gig filtering >_>

Anyone looking for bulk purchases please let me know in PM so I can arrange an adequate allocation size.

Francisco
How about $4.50? That sounds like a nice price. I think all your staff could agree on that.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
$3-6.... Will it really make any difference?  The market certainly will bear the amount anywhere in that range.  Why?  Lack of alternatives and... it's cheap.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
$3-6.... Will it really make any difference?  The market certainly will bear the amount anywhere in that range.  Why?  Lack of alternatives and... it's cheap.
Remember this is the budget market so if we go at $6/m someone will try to undercut us then complain in a few months when they're bleeding money on said venture :)

I think $4.00/m is reasonable since the filtering is also better than what we have in LV.

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Lure them in Fran :)   Then maybe their failed venture can blackhole their wanna-be VPS business too with the high oversold and mismanaged nodes :)

I am game for giving the new filtering a try when becomes available.   But, I detest Buffalo and having to use the service there.

What's the approximate ETA for the new filtering?

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Lure them in Fran :)   Then maybe their failed venture can blackhole their wanna-be VPS business too with the high oversold and mismanaged nodes :)

I am game for giving the new filtering a try when becomes available.   But, I detest Buffalo and having to use the service there.

What's the approximate ETA for the new filtering?
I should know what setup times will be sometime tomorrow :)

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Europe?  Oh boy.  Really want to go there?

I've been longing for another US location...  With a better network. 

concerto49

Verified Provider
Telx the master of nickel and dime? All the best.

Would be interested in the ddos filtering though :)

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Telx the master of nickel and dime? All the best.

Would be interested in the ddos filtering though :)
I got those details worked out, as well as price :) I don't have a setup timeline yet, though.

All this thread is for is to judge what kind of demand there is. I wouldn't bother setting it up if I only got 10 people signing up or something. We're willing to eat the cost over time but only for so long.

Francisco

amuck-landowner