amuck-landowner

Future VPS Company Dead Pool Wager Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastercraze

Top Thrill
Verified Provider
BuyVM, March 2015. You heard it here first.

@DomainBop I dont care if you believe me or not. I know what the reality is and dont need some unknown to believe me to feel justified about the accomplishments of my brand. Take it for what its worth, I made a statement so take it or leave it, no need to keep bringing it up. Only children do that.
Only if there was a big enough fish  pony to swallow give them a ride. :pony:

BuyVM has the brand reputation which would make it worth a lot. I could see it deadpooling when Fran turns 30, by then though he will probably already be retired and as wealthy as Clark Howard.

peterw

Rumors can kill a company. Nobody on a expansion ride can survice if 50% of its user base run away. I think some users here like to see company failing. With the mergings and buy outs through the last months people getting nervous and we can harm companies if they are posted here.

This thread is a  name and shame for the mob.

joepie91

Rumors can kill a company. Nobody on a expansion ride can survice if 50% of its user base run away. I think some users here like to see company failing. With the mergings and buy outs through the last months people getting nervous and we can harm companies if they are posted here.

This thread is a  name and shame for the mob.
If rumours can kill your company, there's something wrong with either your business model, or your attitude towards (potential) customers. Personally I consider transparency quite a bit more important than "protecting poorly run companies from falling apart". Not to mention that closing a thread doesn't actually make rumours go away.

Last edited by a moderator:

palarson

I don't know whether they'll survive or not but Burst.net has got my goat. A long time customer (since 2007?). My server has been having severe and disrupting network and VPS hosting problems since before last year. The problems are at a crescendo right now. I've been "trying" to move data out to my new server on AWS for over a week. The interrupt storms on my VM make that task very difficult. I would love to get my money back for my server (many, many, many tickets filed and service issues raised with what few techs eventually answer their support line) but their Scranton office is not answering the phone, returning customer client service phone messages, or even returning repeated messages left with their answering service.  I think a better dead pool wager for Burst.net is mid summer 2014.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Only if there was a big enough fish  pony to swallow give them a ride. :pony:

BuyVM has the brand reputation which would make it worth a lot. I could see it deadpooling when Fran turns 30, by then though he will probably already be retired and as wealthy as Clark Howard.
If he was anything other than scared of us, he wouldn't have tried to buy us out several times now.  Sad news for him though... he simply can't afford BuyVM.

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
If he was anything other than scared of us, he wouldn't have tried to buy us out several times now.  Sad news for him though... he simply can't afford BuyVM.
Chris claimed to spend $50,000 per week on hardware.

Yeah, I laughed at that, too.

tchen

If rumours can kill your company, there's something wrong with either your business model, or your attitude towards (potential) customers. Personally I consider transparency quite a bit more important than "protecting poorly run companies from falling apart". Not to mention that closing a thread doesn't actually make rumours go away.
Business case studies 101.  Tylenol. 

CVPS_Chris

Verified Provider
Haha when I found out how big you guys actually are, I laughed. I would rather see you deadpool than spend any money on it. CVPS monthly income is 6-10 times BuyVMs monthly income.

Its not that I cant afford it, its not worth what Fran wants. How can anyone justify spending 7 figures when it only makes mid six figures? Would be a poor business decision.

Chris claimed to spend $50,000 per week on hardware.

Yeah, I laughed at that, too.
Well its much higher than that now, but lets put it this way....

$50,000/ $3500 ( avg machine cost ) is only 14 machines added per month. Not that many. Laugh all you want :)

Virtovo

Verified Provider
Haha when I found out how big you guys actually are, I laughed. I would rather see you deadpool than spend any money on it. CVPS monthly income is 6-10 times BuyVMs monthly income.

Its not that I cant afford it, its not worth what Fran wants. How can anyone justify spending 7 figures when it only makes mid six figures? Would be a poor business decision.

Well its much higher than that now, but lets put it this way....

$50,000/ $3500 ( avg machine cost ) is only 14 machines added per month. Not that many. Laugh all you want :)
Month != Week.  Even then its still worth laughing at.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Prove it, bucko.  You have no information on us at all :p

Btw - learn to properly crop your images.  I'm touched that you want to be just like me, though.  Not that you ever could, but oh well :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner