amuck-landowner

LET Down?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Someone did the math on all the ads running on the site and it worked out to like $5000/m from buysellads. In that @mpkossen is being paid and I'm assuming there's a few other mods that get at least a little bit of something. Biloh made a comment at one point that he was looking to hire some writers but he couldn't budget it.
BSA income for LET and LEB

--------------------------------------

Lowendtalk - 38 slots @ $100 each = $3800 a month

Lowendbox - 

14 slots @ $125 each = $1750 a month

10 slots @ $75 each = $750 a month

40 slots @ $100 each = $4000 a month

--------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly ouright BSA total: $10,300

BSA takes 25%.

CC gets from BSA monthly: $7725.

PLUS!

There are:

1 large rectangle ad on each site (believe Servermania on both)

AdRoll code insertion on both sites

^--- those both are direct sales / deals.

That's the above board known stuff.

As far as them not being able to afford to pay folks, that's them being too damn cheap greedy again.  When you have a market like that site and idealistic moron children who think gold should be given freely yeah, paying folks for labor, work, similar is a foreign concept.  You are supposed to do it free for status yo'.  Live and direct from a cardboard box under a bridge.  Oh wait, they are child exploiters... Live and direct from the basement of the parents house in the burbs.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Doing my wellness checks:

LOWENDTALK = DOWN

LOWENDBOX = DOWN

COLOCROSSING.com = DOWN

Now just wait for the person bombing them to realize the money is over here for ColoCrossing:

https://portal.colocrossing.com

That's where the big plane with the big bombs needs to fly over.

Last edited by a moderator:

centoslgd

Why don't you hire a hitman and have them killed and be happy forever already?
If he does that then he would lose his motivation to investigate all the immoral practices in the hosting world. I am sure he would prefer praying & wishing they would mend their ways instead of killing them :)

serverian

Verified Provider
If he does that then he would lose his motivation to investigate all the immoral practices in the hosting world. I am sure he would prefer praying & wishing they would mend their ways instead of killing them :)
You got it wrong. He's not investigating immoral things in the hosting world. He's obsessed with ColoCrossing only. Like all other companies are angels from heaven.

Now he's showing people target to attack. He has no concern for the people who hosts with ColoCrossing at all.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Why don't you hire a hitman and have them killed and be happy forever already?
Cause that's against the laws and regulations of society and in opposite to my directional compass :)  They do enough self harm that inevitably well...   Someone will introduce them to real pain.  Other businesses you pull some of the anti-competitive things they have and guys show up and you get roughed up.  Will it happen in hosting?   In time I suspect it will, but that's for someone who is a competitor, not me.

You got it wrong. He's not investigating immoral things in the hosting world. He's obsessed with ColoCrossing only. Like all other companies are angels from heaven.
Again buddy, I've looked at other stuff.  Wrote about it too. Always glad to look at others. Feel free to send me something.

Other companies being angels, hardly.   But there are plenty of legit companies who aren't such clowns / pulling scams in mass.   I'd like to believe your companies are examples of people running things on the legit side.

Now just wait for the person bombing them to realize the money is over here for ColoCrossing:

https://portal.colocrossing.com
There I said it twice.  Fact is and will always be, if you have an issue with some clowns in business, you attack them at the wallet.  Do I encourage DDoS'ing folks? No. Maybe if I were decades younger, in my parents basement and in this industry offering goods.  

But it is what it is.   Someone wants to make a stink and they are doing a good job of such.  Why not point them to what really matters.  'Da money.

Such should be obvious.  If that's some grand revelation, pastey arsed folks need to get outside more.  If that is some target that chokes the chicken necks on Buffalo, then good.  Whack a mole and keep moving.

Not like I am unmasking their direct IPs or something privileged.

He has no concern for the people who hosts with ColoCrossing at all.
Is that news?  I mean it's buyer beware and has been.  This made me laugh.

Here let me push some changes to the access switches.. cough.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
It has been days now with this crazy downtime over there.

Cloudflare protects mega huge sites with massive attacks.   Unsure why LET/LEB can't hang.  It's not that the attacks are that big either.

My take is CC methods of power tanking with their own big pipe has hit some ceiling.  Their cluster is probably perma burnt as-is implemented.

Unsure what they subscribe to at Cloudflare, but if I were in corporate at CF I'd be watching what is said on LET and LEB where the finger wagging prior has been Cloudflare can't deal with this  = junk = being cut.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
It has been days now with this crazy downtime over there.

Cloudflare protects mega huge sites with massive attacks.   Unsure why LET/LEB can't hang.  It's not that the attacks are that big either.

My take is CC methods of power tanking with their own big pipe has hit some ceiling.  Their cluster is probably perma burnt as-is implemented.

Unsure what they subscribe to at Cloudflare, but if I were in corporate at CF I'd be watching what is said on LET and LEB where the finger wagging prior has been Cloudflare can't deal with this  = junk = being cut.
I don't think they're subscribing to the $200 plan with real protection.  Even if they were CloudFlare isn't going to help when you only use it on www.lowendtalk.com and expose the IP for lowendtalk.com.

sv01

Slow but sure
atleast lowend{talk,box}.com down message not shown ads, unlike vpsboard down page,show some ads :)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I don't think they're subscribing to the $200 plan with real protection.  Even if they were CloudFlare isn't going to help when you only use it on www.lowendtalk.com and expose the IP for lowendtalk.com.
Bahaha... I think they are running the free version.

The unexposed IP was a classic WTF moment that went on for a few days.

There are other IP leakages still.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
atleast lowend{talk,box}.com down message not shown ads, unlike vpsboard down page,show some ads :)
That's funny.    I mean if a site isn't up, I guess ads showing are better than nothing. Give folks some shopping to do instead.

All I see on LEB is the Cloudflare pukeage.

LET is like zero output.

They really need to get issuing some credits/refunds on their advertising.

LET I see nothing.  It's total failing

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Our failover page is being redone sometime, it's on my to-do list as it's comically bad. But in short, advertisers don't pay for downtime so felt compelled to put those on our failover, "We'll be back soon" page. Only seemed fair to them. Once redone it won't be done in such a tacky fashion, but it is what it is for now. Hopefully you won't have to see that page much.

rds100

Verified Provider
Our failover page is being redone sometime, it's on my to-do list as it's comically bad. But in short, advertisers don't pay for downtime so felt compelled to put those on our failover, "We'll be back soon" page. Only seemed fair to them. Once redone it won't be done in such a tacky fashion, but it is what it is for now. Hopefully you won't have to see that page much.
While you are redoing it, try adding some cache-control or expires headers, because yesterday when vpsboard was down i didn't realize it was back up until i forced a refresh in the browser.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
While you are redoing it, try adding some cache-control or expires headers, because yesterday when vpsboard was down i didn't realize it was back up until i forced a refresh in the browser.
Good idea. It was sloppily thrown together under duress, and unfortunately that is when I make the most alterations to it. "Ah shit, site is down. Ah, failover page looks like crap! Lemme make a few changes while it's live!"

Neo

Interesting:

2014-10-18_210230.png

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner