amuck-landowner

Dealing with the Buffalo DDoS Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Earlier today a valued member of vpsBoard made available an image upload site for use on vpsBoard.

I was the first tester of the service and uploaded (4) photos of Colocrossing's routers and rack.  Those photos were purged from imgur.com the other day likely from complaints from CC.  The uploads were included in the original post so the images were displayed as they should have been.

Literally in a very small time < a few hours, the VPS and IP hosting the upload site were DDoS'd offline.  Provider autonulls and that stays in place for 24 hours.

Clearly, only one company would care so much about those photos "reappearing" and dips so low as to DDoS things.  Yeah I am talking about ColoCrossing here.  

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Well, that's possible @W1H-Lee but there is other stuff happening in the backchannel that indicates otherwise.   Shame that sometimes I have to keep my lips closed.

The image upload site will be back in a few hours... with filtering... elsewhere...

TheLinuxBug

Ha! Those fucktards on LET just modified one of my thread responses because I included the fact that vpsBoard.com is a community and LET isn't any longer.  I would love to bitch slap Jbiloh atm, ignorant piece of crap he is.

Edit: What's is even more hilarious is now he is in the thread pretending like he cares. I am speechless.

Cheers! 

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Yes sir, my sentiments.

That rack in the photos, it would go poof if someone threw some malicious traffic at it.
If the floods are true then that's rough.

Has anyone been able to get the nullroute notification?

Francisco

Last edited by a moderator:

RiotSecurity

Earlier today a valued member of vpsBoard made available an image upload site for use on vpsBoard.

I was the first tester of the service and uploaded (4) photos of Colocrossing's routers and rack.  Those photos were purged from imgur.com the other day likely from complaints from CC.  The uploads were included in the original post so the images were displayed as they should have been.

Literally in a very small time < a few hours, the VPS and IP hosting the upload site were DDoS'd offline.  Provider autonulls and that stays in place for 24 hours.

Clearly, only one company would care so much about those photos "reappearing" and dips so low as to DDoS things.  Yeah I am talking about ColoCrossing here.  
While they ddosed you, they are offline themselfs.

Ironic.

An error occurred.
Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.

Please try again later.

If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check the error log for details.

Faithfully yours, nginx.

jarland

The ocean is digital
Didn't the US government shut down right around the time you posted the pics? I BLAME COLOCROSSING

- this thread
Laugh now, you won't think it's so funny when you learn who Biloh really is.

I'll give you a hint. It starts with Maxine and ends with Waters.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Didn't the US government shut down right around the time you posted the pics? I BLAME COLOCROSSING

- this thread
Dude, you really need some CC swag...   official ColoCrossing pom poms....

Not picking on you though.  Everyone needs a heckler to keep them on their toes.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
As much as I enjoy playing Devil's Advocate, I'm loathe to do so in this situation since it (partially) helps CC.  But said pics were of their deployment at Coresite, right?  All remote hands work?  Seems like that would negate any fault on them, since it was all EGI on-hands that did that setup.  Would make more sense for EGI to want those pictures gone than CC.

Of course,  you could also take it up another level, and assume that CC realizes the above, and is using the circumstance to DDoS something of pub's out of spite, knowing they could 'logically' claim no motivation.

manacit

I actually rent a server from ChicagoVPS located in Buffalo, service is nice, they just ditched Cogent and got L3, it's nice.

Here's why this post is dumb:

• You're blaming them for something you have absolutely no proof of. At all. You can't go around making baseless accusations and expect to be taken seriously. 
  • They didn't even do the work on the rack - someone *asked* John about it and he admitted that it was bad, that it was theirs, but they outsourced it all to EGI (whom we all know isn't the best). 
  • EGI would be the one who'd want this gone, it reflects much more poorly on them
I'm all for exposing the negative CC business practices, but you give them more press (and keep them on everyone's radar) far more often than even they could. You aren't heckling them, you're coming off like a conspiracy nut with a bone to pick, crying wolf. 

RiotSecurity

I actually rent a server from ChicagoVPS located in Buffalo, service is nice, they just ditched Cogent and got L3, it's nice.

Here's why this post is dumb:

• You're blaming them for something you have absolutely no proof of. At all. You can't go around making baseless accusations and expect to be taken seriously. 
  • They didn't even do the work on the rack - someone *asked* John about it and he admitted that it was bad, that it was theirs, but they outsourced it all to EGI (whom we all know isn't the best). 
  • EGI would be the one who'd want this gone, it reflects much more poorly on them
I'm all for exposing the negative CC business practices, but you give them more press (and keep them on everyone's radar) far more often than even they could. You aren't heckling them, you're coming off like a conspiracy nut with a bone to pick, crying wolf. 
He thinks it's cc due to the IRONY that it got ddosed and pulled from imgur.

I know more to the story than you do, so hush up.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Someone is asshurt on LET.  Posting about the thread over there is Mr. ChicagoVPS.  My question is why does LET hide so many post behind the log-in veil?

[[[[[  If vpsBoard wanted to be LET it would be  secretly owned by another provider that promotes their own shell companies.   ]]]]]]

and while CC doesn't staff their San Jose location, they certainly put that gear there..  That was the real topic of the conversation and photos.  The top of rack gear.   Are they blaming EGI on the switch/router there?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
"You'll never see a DDoS from our network"

A phrase I've heard too often. Anytime a controversial thread is posted, vpsBoard generally gets DDoSed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner