amuck-landowner

$1.79/Year VPS - 32MB - 1.5GB HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

AThomasHowe

In the UK you can smoke at 16, however you must be 18 to buy them in a shop (70-80% of 16 year olds will get sold anyway)

And you can have a pint of beer / wine with a meal at 16 (with an >18) in a restaurant.

Legally, in a house or any private property you can drink when your 5 years of age (SOURCE)
Of course, I just didn't think this was the place ;P It's not 70-80% of 16 year olds getting served these days either, at least not in my area and the surrounding ones. The police will remove your alcohol license if you're known as someone who is providing alcohol directly to minors.

Of course they still get it, just don't go up to the desk personally as much ;)

That, and you have to keep in mind there's more than one country in play.  He's using OVH Canada, right?  So the criteria for both countries has to be met for it to be legit.  Doesn't matter if he can form contracts in the UK if OVH in Canada cannot do so for minors.

Doesn't OVH Canada billing go through France? So it's French/Euro laws, right? I might be wrong on that one... if it is though I think there's no problem in it legally, at least on the surface of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

HostUS-Alexander

Verified Provider
Of course, I just didn't think this was the place ;P It's not 70-80% of 16 year olds getting served these days either, at least not in my area and the surrounding ones. The police will remove your alcohol license if you're known as someone who is providing alcohol directly to minors.

Of course they still get it, just don't go up to the desk personally as much ;)

Doesn't OVH Canada billing go through France? So it's French/Euro laws, right? I might be wrong on that one... if it is though I think there's no problem in it legally, at least on the surface of it.
In Glasgow / Hamiltion and sourounding areas in pubs about 70% will sell you. In shops i`d say about 80-90%. Or is it maybe because I look like 20 lol?

AThomasHowe

In Glasgow / Hamiltion and sourounding areas in pubs about 70% will sell you. In shops i`d say about 80-90%. Or is it maybe because I look like 20 lol?
I think it's because you look 20. I used to (and obviously now I've been of age a few years) always used to get served too but it was a bit of an oddity.

Maybe it is a regional thing but I know loads of my internet (and real life when I couldn't get served or wasn't there) friends back in the day had to resort to ransomers outside the shop, mum and dad etc to get drink :p

HostUS-Alexander

Verified Provider
I think it's because you look 20. I used to (and obviously now I've been of age a few years) always used to get served too but it was a bit of an oddity.

Maybe it is a regional thing but I know loads of my internet (and real life when I couldn't get served or wasn't there) friends back in the day had to resort to ransomers outside the shop, mum and dad etc to get drink :p
Ah :p most shops and pubs will see you if you look decent and don't take the piss. I`m in america this now and feel sorry for folk, my cousin (who's 35) got ID'd lol.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Ah :p most shops and pubs will see you if you look decent and don't take the piss. I`m in america this now and feel sorry for folk, my cousin (who's 35) got ID'd lol.
Yeah the 'Muricans suck about some alcohol... I remember getting carded at nearly 40...

and... was carded at Walmart buying butane I think or was it spray paint...  told them to stuff my entire order up their rear... and haven't been back since... I mean I was old enough to be the cashiers parent.

What the heck are you visitng the States for?  Like TSA grope downs or are you f'n Goofy and playing at Disneyland?

Coastercraze

Top Thrill
Verified Provider
Suggestion: Try to get listed on LEB. Perhaps they'll play along.

TrackerKingNET

So you came here to make a big fuss, try and stick the boot in and it's back fired on you.

Excellent job. Your credibility, if you had any, just walked out the door with your ego.
I was not making a fuss. I was warning people. And if it backfired me WHY would I defend this child? WHY??? Tell me.

And don't start about my ego son. We all saw you trying to take QuickPacket down. All respect many people had for you is gone. You lost alot of potential buyers and more will when they google NodeDeploy  ;)

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
I was not making a fuss. I was warning people. And if it backfired me WHY would I defend this child? WHY??? Tell me.

And don't start about my ego son. We all saw you trying to take QuickPacket down. All respect many people had for you is gone. You lost alot of potential buyers and more will when they google NodeDeploy ;)
Son? Clearly you cannot read as you'd then know everyone that matters was in agreement with us.

If you have an issue with me, use the PM system.

Back on topic please folks!

mtwiscool

He can't even do simple debugging on his own - of course he's going to rip other people's work for site documentation as well.
and you can talk?

People Google: buyvm lies and you will find alot of bad things about buyvm.

And you got your domain from 123systems Andrews

soruce: http://blog.serverbear.com/interview/buyvm/

So before you talk shit about me sort your self out and i'm not even going into your slabbing of node.

Rant over.

In other news we are going to launch 2 new plans on Wensday:

32MB HDD - same as current plan but hdd is 10gb and bandwidth is 2.5tb @$2.19 per year

128MB Yearly - 128MB Ram, 5Gb HDD and bandwidth is 5tb @$2.49/year

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Yup, Andrew gave us the domain back when he couldn't think of any use for it.  Back in the days when we were pretty much floating his company at no cost to him.  That's public knowledge, not some dark secret you think you've discovered.

You can try to rant about things you don't understand all day long - doesn't change the fact that you stole content, and are trying to direct attention at someone else rather than answer for what you've done.

mtwiscool

Yup, Andrew gave us the domain back when he couldn't think of any use for it.  Back in the days when we were pretty much floating his company at no cost to him.  That's public knowledge, not some dark secret you think you've discovered.

You can try to rant about things you don't understand all day long - doesn't change the fact that you stole content, and are trying to direct attention at someone else rather than answer for what you've done.
Alot of providers use others tarms of service as a template as i have done.

And at least i don't use slabs unlike you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner