amuck-landowner

$1.79/Year VPS - 32MB - 1.5GB HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojeda

We don't say a speed.
How is this relevant to what I said.

Are you saying you have infinite speed??

You can't have unlimited bandwidth, as you can only download so much in 1 month with a 100 Mbps shared port with up to 500 users.

You can have unmetered bandwidth which is to say there is no bandwidth cap on your end however they are still restricted to IO, network speed.

There is also unmeated bandwidth for vegetarian users.

You can't however offer unlimited bandwidth as it is not possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalam

There is no such thing as unlimited bandwidth, do you mean unmeated/unmetered?
watching_avengers_i_understood_a_gif_reference-88347.gif

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
I have one. Yeah, I know, I know, but I had to try. Don't worry, it's under a fake name because with Bitcoin, why not? Still traceable, but who cares. He doesn't have my real info to sell to random folks, so it doesn't matter.

All that aside, the VPS sucks. For one reason or another, it cannot hold an SSH connection. It drops after no more than three minutes. I thought it was memory, so I ran minstall and then installed dropbear (a real chore, took lots of tries with the connection dropping all the time), but it still happens. Aside from that (as if it wasn't enough), here's a few more gripes:

1. You only get one IPv6 address (come on, one IPv6?!?)
  2. The Feathur login link isn't sent right (have to manually add a port on to the URL)
  3. The Feathur SSL certificate is self-signed
  4. The billing system is BoxBill, which I've heard is buggy
These are the things that clients would know. A few things that anyone can see:

1. The forum is down. Even if it wasn't, I'm sure it would be deserted
  2. No privacy policy (hence the fake info)
  3. No DMCA policy (because @mtwiscool is under 18)
  4. The website home page has a bunch of social media-type links in the bottom left corner that go nowhere
And of course the dump truck load of other things that have been mentioned by all the experienced host owners and completely ignored by @mtwiscool.

mtwiscool

I have one. Yeah, I know, I know, but I had to try. Don't worry, it's under a fake name because with Bitcoin, why not? Still traceable, but who cares. He doesn't have my real info to sell to random folks, so it doesn't matter.

All that aside, the VPS sucks. For one reason or another, it cannot hold an SSH connection. It drops after no more than three minutes. I thought it was memory, so I ran minstall and then installed dropbear (a real chore, took lots of tries with the connection dropping all the time), but it still happens. Aside from that (as if it wasn't enough), here's a few more gripes:

• You only get one IPv6 address (come on, one IPv6?!?)
  • The Feathur login link isn't sent right (have to manually add a port on to the URL)
  • The Feathur SSL certificate is self-signed
  • The billing system is BoxBill, which I've heard is buggy
  • The forum is down. Even if it wasn't, I'm sure it would be deserted
  • No privacy policy (hence the fake info)
  • No DMCA policy (because @mtwiscool is under 18)
  • The website home page has a bunch of social media-type links in the bottom left corner that go nowhere
And of course the dump truck load of other things that have been mentioned by all the experienced host owners and completely ignored by @mtwiscool.
The connection should not be dropping at all.
Please open a ticket and I will look in to it.

trewq

Verified Provider
The connection should not be dropping at all.

Please open a ticket and I will look in to it.
Once again you completely overlook all the other issues that are outlined to you. Even by someone that is using your service.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
We respect our users
I just about pissed myself laughing at that one.  I bet those four people can really feel the respect.  Speaking of, you forgot to answer questions regarding your other inadequacies:

1. You only get one IPv6 address (come on, one IPv6?!?)
  2. The Feathur login link isn't sent right (have to manually add a port on to the URL)
  3. The Feathur SSL certificate is self-signed
  4. The billing system is BoxBill, which I've heard is buggy

1. The forum is down. Even if it wasn't, I'm sure it would be deserted
  2. No privacy policy (hence the fake info)
  3. No DMCA policy (because @mtwiscool is under 18)
  4. The website home page has a bunch of social media-type links in the bottom left corner that go nowhere

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
I apolgize @mtwiscool - that was my mistake on the SSH connection dropping. It does drop, yes, but only because the IPv6 tunnel I use is unreliable. I realized that when trying out one of @drserver's "dirt cheap ninjas" - same thing happened. On my VPS with you, when I use the IPv4 address/port that I received, the connection remains stable.

toadyus

Article Submitter
The lack of respect shown by some of the "providers / trolls" in this thread is very appalling and I will definitely be taking this into consideration when it comes time to renewing.

mojeda

The lack of respect shown by some of the "providers / trolls" in this thread is very appalling and I will definitely be taking this into consideration when it comes time to renewing.
You mean the lack of respect, because they offered valid helpful advice but were ignored so now you have a kid who doesn't know what he is doing but thinks that he is now a vps provider?

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner