amuck-landowner

100TB a month challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
"You're going to be hit with a large overage bill, it is best for you to pull these plans if you do not want to pay thousands of dollars in overages. This is just a strong recommendation".
Ahh yeah, they are right.  But your deep pockets can slide those thousands over from non use profits to compensate for the abusers customers that actually use their resources.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I WISH WE'D QUIT YANKING HIS UPSTREAM INTO THINGS :)

Even I am rather tired of their semi-useless asses.   Volumes have been wrote (I wrote many of them) about CC.  Humans, yeah... Crooked, very.  Liars, proven.  Scamming, certainly.  Failed attempt to corner the lowend VPS industry,  they tried.

Jade

NodeServ
Verified Provider
This all sounds like abunch of dramalama if you ask me. Skylar is the queen of England indeed I can vouch for that, however for this 100 TB challenge I find it rather amusing, I mean let's be real here, how can anyone legit use 100 TB bandwidth in one given month, it almost seems impossible. Offering 100 TB bandwidth for the price its being offered is ridiculous because if someone even came close to using that amount, they were most likely be terminated for "abusing".

GVH-Jon

Banned
Ahh yeah, they are right.  But your deep pockets can slide those thousands over from non use profits to compensate for the abusers customers that actually use their resources.
Uhh ... I think it's important to note that here in the US, it's tax season. :/

SrsX

Banned
The day that ColoCrossing owns ChicagoVPS is the day that dogs can fly. Let's just put that out there. ColoCrossing has no shell brands ..
Holy fucking shit, did you see that?

I swore I just saw not one, but two dogs fly.

Don't worry, I already called the media and they said it's old news.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
I have been approached several times by many key people with requests to immediately pull stock on all the 100TB plans.

'key people' as in key people internally within our company. and concern as in "You're going to be hit with a large overage bill, it is best for you to pull these plans if you do not want to pay thousands of dollars in overages

Who the fuck are these "key people internally within our company"?  Are you hearing voices in your head as you're sitting in your parents basement typing?

also our upstream is expressing a major concern for us regarding our LET plans

Your upstream is a service provider, just as your your parent's cable company and electric company  are also service providers.  Why would any service provider be so closely involved in, and have such a strong influence on, your business decision making?

information is classified .

somebody find me a facepalm meme

telephone

GVH has plans to expand to Asia in either Singapore or South Korea (likely South Korea) and offer our 100TB plans there as well. After we expand to Asia, we're expanding to the UK. We're also planning to expand to Arizona so that West Coast customers who don't want to go with CC can buy from us, and also to Boston Massachusetts (super rare location) so that east coast customers that dont want Buffalo can buy from us. All of those locations will most likely have our signature 100TB for $5.
100TB plans are being pulled tomorrow.

Wait, aren't those 100TB plans your signature? How are we suppose to identify you in the vast hosting industry without your signature plan???

I think I'm already forgetting... GVH, hmmm GVH, I think I know it... Is it Gaylord Vampire Hosting? Nah, that's too trendy. What about Greedy Venture Hosting? Meh, close enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisK

Verified Provider
that didn't last long.

i still want my 100tb $5 vps GVH, you didn't tell me why you refunded me.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Who's calls these things on the dot every time?  Hovering over head, target locked, bay doors open.  Drop 'em. BOMBS!

GVH-Jon,  I HATE THAT YOU BUCKLED.  HATE IT.  Gave in to upstream corporate.  Makes 0 sense.   You can afford to pay it :) Not recommended, but you can do it.

I umm, warned you in PM that monkeying with too many ingredients and changing how you operate would be self induced death kiss to GVH.

Expect that 45 day refund policy to be invoked by customers if you don't continue their plans on the 100TB.   Not fun there.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
But wait :)

<JonGV> we're gonna offer 1U colocation in buffalo for $25

<JonGV> with 60 cent per month IPs and 200TB bandwidth

Sign me up for 2 :)

Epidrive

Verified Provider
Was a little bored tried to browse through the gvh website.

Been trying to not mendle with this but i just cant take what im seeing.

Like this for example http://www.greenvaluehost.com/whychooseus.html

4) Our servers are not overloaded and never will be!

Unlike other hosts who try to stuff thousands of clients into one already overloaded server, we don't believe in taking profit over performance. We lightly load our servers and on top of that, we only deploy top of the line servers with RAID-10 Protection and LiteSpeed Web Server to ensure stability and speed. We make sure that your websites will always have plenty of breathing room in our server, meaning that the days of slow page loads are over.
"...are not overloaded and never will be"

What happened here then? http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/20262/green-value-host-stay-away-end-customer-review

6) Our pricing structure is reasonable AND profitable!

Unlike other companies that attempt to underprice their hosting services until they collaspe or disappear, our services are sold at profitable prices that bring long-time success. 5000TB for $1/month? No thanks. Not at GVH.
"5000TB for $1/month" I havent seen anything like that so far, the most ive seen is 100TB for $5/month and that doesnt make it any less

and this http://www.greenvaluehost.com/codeofethics.html

2. We won't "sugar coat the truth" - Ever.

Unlike other companies that will delibrately lie to their clients to prevent them from going elsewhere, we don't. We believe that lying to your clients is a horrible business practice and won't lead to success in the long run. We promise that everything we tell you will be the absolute straight-out truth, and nothing but the truth. We want you to know that we have nothing to hide from you and that you can always trust that we'll never deceive you.
How in the world can you say this...

Like allocating resources that clients arent able to use 100%?

Or that CPU load that "can never happen" in your servers?

"We wont sugar coat the truth" - Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner