amuck-landowner

100TB a month challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mun

Never Forget
I meant for new orders only. Customers can keep their plans.

:( meaning my order as well. You are delaying its setup on purpose until today so that you can say "Sorry, we removed the 100TB plan" Which, I think you did with all the new requests.

Mun

shovenose

Verified Provider
I got a $5 100TB GVH server.

I did a wget cron for a 2GB speedtest file, every minute. Got to 1.66TB before my VPS mysteriously stopped working. According to a support ticket it got compromised and was participating in a DDoS, however I highly doubt that.

Now ticket replies are getting ignored and my VPS is still unusable.

What garbage.

Mun

Never Forget

I did a wget cron for a 2GB speedtest file, every minute. Got to 1.66TB before my VPS mysteriously stopped working. According to a support ticket it got compromised and was participating in a DDoS, however I highly doubt that.

What garbage.
You are a fucking idiot, why would you EVER do that @shovenose. You are participating in a DOS shovenose.

Mun

GVH-Jon

Banned

What garbage.
Congratualations that qualifies as a DDoS and ColoCrossing nulled you.

Termination is going to be following shortly.

SrsX

Banned
Congratualations that qualifies as a DDoS and ColoCrossing nulled you.

Termination is going to be following shortly.
OK, that makes more sense....

One machine doing wget on 2gb file every mine is DDoS.... Do you know what DDoS is?

facepalms

DDoS is Distrubuted Denial of Service, where more than one machine / server is perticipating in a attack.

DOS is a single machine.

facepalms

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
The hilarious thing is, despite how absolutely moronic shovenose is for pulling that stunt, he did just prove that even if GVH had the network capacity for someone to actually burn 100TB, ColoCrossing will shut it down long before.

Which I pretty much saw coming, to be honest.  We had quite a few users get nullrouted for 'DDoS' at CC just for breaking 50-60MB transferring to another host nearby.  And they'd always refuse to remove the nullroute until the client was terminated for it, regardless of situation.

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
I gots it :D

gvh7.png

Sorry bad image crop :(
swap out transmission for deluged 1.3.6 + rasterbar 0.15.10, deluge tends to be better at...sharing with others, with an easily-tweakable cache to avoid needless disk hits

also consider grabbing the ltconfig deluge plugin for tweaking libtorrent-rasterbar and adding in the following

Code:
low_prio_disk": false,
"allow_multiple_connections_per_ip": true,
"disable_hash_checks": true,
"max_allowed_in_request_queue": 2000,
"num_want": 400,
"max_suggest_pieces": 100,

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting

What garbage.
hahaha, shovenose you're alright

willie

I had two VPS with separate hosts at CC Buffalo a while back, and was never able to get more than about 5MB/s transfer speed from one to the other.  It made me chuckle, CC's network was so bad even within the same data center.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
 We had quite a few users get nullrouted for 'DDoS' at CC just for breaking 50-60MB transferring to another host nearby. 
They can't tell the difference between someone doing a large sized backup to another server  and a DDoS? 

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
After lengthly conversations with their "network tech", I have a strong feeling they don't know the difference between bit and byte, let alone being able to properly read tcpdumps.

Mun

Never Forget
Well I have to give Kudos to GVH-Jon, I was downloading at above 99MBps *BYTES* :D I capped it down to 100Mbps so I wouldn't harm other users though.

Mun

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner