amuck-landowner

123systems - Issues and not responding to ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtwiscool

hi,
i reported an issue to 123systems 12 days ago about one of my vps's not connecting to the control panel.

and they seid it would of been fixed at the end of the week so 12 days later and no more news or fix and i bumped the ticket yesterday without any reasopnse.

ticket id: #123-U6E3R-HQY

please fix this issue 123systems.

Toast

I was going to open several accounts under them, but I heard a lot of bad things about them everywhere. I hope you get the support you need.

mtwiscool

I was going to open several accounts under them, but I heard a lot of bad things about them everywhere. I hope you get the support you need.
they uptime is vary good.

but this vps does not seam to connect to SolusVM and they are being slow to fix it. :(

it was connecting to SolusVM untill 2 weeks ago.

Toast

they uptime is vary good.

but this vps does not seam to connect to SolusVM and they are being slow to fix it. :(

it was connecting to SolusVM untill 2 weeks ago.
Yeah i heard they go down around 4-5 times a month which a lil too many times for what i need a VPS for. It would be great if they had top notch customer support to back it up.

mtwiscool

Yeah i heard they go down around 4-5 times a month which a lil too many times for what i need a VPS for. It would be great if they had top notch customer support to back it up.
they used to have vary good support untill they started migration and seam to have no one on tickets.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
That'd be because it's a one-person company that uses a bot auto-responder to create artificial fast replies to tickets.  Real solutions?  Good luck.  Just wait for the next "bills are overdue" sale, get the same plan for less, and learn to keep backups elsewhere.

Or... find a professional host.

mtwiscool

hers the last reply i got:

Brandon Harris || Staff 10/11/2013 00:35
This is a SolusVM bug, this will be fixed by the end of next week at the latest.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So much for their big migration and was it Andrew showing up on here like so many other offended hosts.

I wonder if the OP was on one of those loss leading annuals 123 seems to want to shake like many others come year two?

fcfc

Yeah i've noticed they have tons of issues and terrible support.

- Received an email offer stating that for a $5 payment, they would renew my VPS for another year so I went for it because why not right? They also promised  all customers "courtesy" upgrades such as a bump in RAM, BW, Disk space and so on. It's been like 2-3 months now and nothing has been done. When I submitted a ticket asking when these changes would take effect, they told me they had no ETA and to just wait (even though they said they would begin processing the upgrades on Sept 1st and we're almost in December now...). http://i.imgur.com/VlGJaer.png

- Their SolusVM login page is using an expired SSL cert and it's been like that for months now. http://i.imgur.com/jmwdQfe.png

- Their OS choices are outdated as hell (CentOS 4,5 - Debian 5, 6 - Ubuntu 9, 10 like WTF?)

- Some issues with the node im on apparently (not many but more than ive ever seen with any other provider). I've logged into my SolusVM area to boot up my VPS which I rarely use with them to find my VPS has 0MB RAM and won't boot up so I have to submit a ticket.

- Some OS versions won't install correctly (had to submit ticket to get it working). 

Oh well, VPS was only like $10 initially and $5 for a 1-year renew. Lesson learned.

Last edited by a moderator:

scv

Massive Nerd
Verified Provider
- Their SolusVM login page is using an expired SSL cert and it's been like that for months now. http://i.imgur.com/jmwdQfe.png

- Their OS choices are outdated as hell (CentOS 4,5 - Debian 5, 6 - Ubuntu 9, 10 like WTF?)
Sounds like they haven't touched the setup since they launched? Andrew's been in business since 2010 as far as I know.

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
So much for their big migration and was it Andrew showing up on here like so many other offended hosts.
On WHT, Andrew will show up triumphantly whenever someone has done wrong and he has the tickets to prove it.

If it's 123 at fault...crickets.

AndrewM

hi,

i reported an issue to 123systems 12 days ago about one of my vps's not connecting to the control panel.

and they seid it would of been fixed at the end of the week so 12 days later and no more news or fix and i bumped the ticket yesterday without any reasopnse.

ticket id: #123-U6E3R-HQY

please fix this issue 123systems.
There is an issue with the node that your VPS is currently hosted on where it is not communicating with the SolusVM panel. This will be resolved once your VPS has been migrated to our new servers. I will have a staff member of mine expedite your VPS migration and get him to respond to your ticket with the details.

That'd be because it's a one-person company that uses a bot auto-responder to create artificial fast replies to tickets.  Real solutions?  Good luck.  Just wait for the next "bills are overdue" sale, get the same plan for less, and learn to keep backups elsewhere.

Or... find a professional host.
I find it useless to reply to a majority of your posts as you are likely drunk when typing such non-sense, which is a verifiable fact based on your own posts. Nevertheless, let's square up a few things and we'll leave it at that.

123Systems is not ran by one person as you have stated, we have several members on our team. Let's jump into this "professional host" shall we? Are we referring to BuyVM here? The company whom has an owner who has zero financial access and zero access to the primary systems that are used to run the company? If so; are we also referring to the same BuyVM that has made several moves over the past 3 years to several different datacenters, recently of which you were "Evicted" from? That was a beautiful eviction letter by the way, thumbs up to Biloh on that one. How long will we be at Choopa before some mysterious reason forces us to move elsewhere? 

In addition, are we also talking about the same BuyVM that ripped the base source code from SolusVM and slapped a stallion label over it? Let's dig into that more later though, we all know you didn't gut the entire source, you simply removed what wasn't needed and used the rest. Props for being able to drop your own template over their hard work though! Should we go back a few years and talk about "BuyVM Plus" as well? I'm sure everyone would love to hear how you guy's obtained that. 

While I give Francisco all the props for what he has done for the BuyVM brand, I find you to be nothing more than a  tool that tags along in hopes of being appreciated by one community or the other.

Feel free to deny anything that has been said, be my guest, the facts are all openly available if you look for them. This is a "Pro-BuyVM" board, therefore I expect nothing less than a huge slap in the face from the community, however my only intent of coming here was to reply to the threads regarding the migration. I have no intent nor desire to partake in the community happenings, so feel free to take your stabs as you see fit. :)

Francisco, I do apologize for having to air such laundry, however if you are going to allow Aldyric to drink then you should atleast take his keys away. 

This is also part of the reason why we are performing the server upgrades/migrations. All of our older servers at Limestone are currently running CentOS 5. We are moving from 2.6.18 kernels to 2.6.32 kernels in order to allow us to virtualize more up to date operating systems. I am not sure if you knew this but 2.6.18 kernels (centos 5 hosts) does not support running VPS with newer operating systems like centos 6, ubuntu 12.04 +, debian 7. 2.6.32 (centos 6 hosts) do. Our new servers we are migrating to are powered by CentOS 6 on 2.6.32 kernels.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
My my, that touched a nerve, didn't it.  What does it tell us when someone flies into a rage instead of simply denying a claim? :3

After all this time, you still don't realize when someone's pulling your strings :p  And the best you can do is silly insults about my drinking (oh shock!), and try to drag up mud other people couldn't stick to us years ago?

Not even worth the effort to air out your own dirty laundry in return, mec.  But thanks for the amusement ^_^

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
(I suppose I should clarify for those confused as to why I'd pick on Andrew... we hosted his company off our rack without seeing a dime for quite some time back in the days Fran still did charity work.  When it came time to start actually paying rent?  He racked up his tab and bolted.  Pony forgives much, but never a debt, as many of you know)

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
In addition, are we also talking about the same BuyVM that ripped the base source code from SolusVM and slapped a stallion label over it?
Yep, we admitted to doing that on the front end and they didn't care too much. If I sold it? For sure, they would have cried murder and would have every right to do so. You should really look into Stallion 2 though, It's far more impressive than anything solus has. It has a console that doesn't require java (but it does support it for users behind funky firewalls) amongst a bunch of other features.

2.6.18 supports debian 6, 7, & the latest Ubuntu's if you tune your install properly. It takes no real effort minus a single file edit.

And you're right, it's publically known that I don't deal with the financials. Our lights stay on, I take my workers on nice vacations, & order $50,000 in SSD's.

You need to remember something. Minus Anthony, I've been best friends with everyone at BuyVM for 7+ years. Anthony i've known for less time but I was Aldryic's best man at his wedding and Karen helped me get through a lot of bullshit back when I was super emo over a relationship going to shit.

You try to air out but it doesn't help your customers get faster ticket replies. You spent 5 minutes writing a novel on here but won't do the same for your own users.

Come on now, if you want to bash at Aldryic's head, don't do it with your pants down. The proper way is to send him a PM that simply says "Go tuck yourself in" and that's that. Or, just let it be until you're in better shape.

I miss the days when your anger towards Aldryic was answered with a sword fight on Halo, not you pulling a Chris.

Francisco

CVPS_Chris

Verified Provider
Neil-deGrasse-Tyson-we-got-a-bad-ass-over-here-meme.png

$50k in SSD's congrats ( if thats even true ). I spend that every week in new hardware. I remember when you were too cheap to buy new HDD's and would buy them off Ebay then RMA them to save money, same situation here?

Fran and clan, step back and realize what a joke your company is. If you guys didnt cry so much and actually would man up and intorduced yourself in person when you were in Buffalo maybe I would hav more respect for you, but I dont.

You are two children playing with your "hobby" of a company.  Stop worrying about others and mind your own buisness like I have for the past months. Its much better, I promise.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
 That was a beautiful eviction letter by the way, thumbs up to Biloh on that one. How long will we be at Choopa before some mysterious reason forces us to move elsewhere? 
Hehe, you can thank me for that eviction notice.  Frankly, that was the best thing that could happen to everyone.    No round robin routing on a per packet basis and shit-tastic network.   No violating contract prematurely.   And hey best of all, out of a datacenter location that is basically unsaleable unless you are selling annuals at $5 or 1TB of disk at $10/month.... or 2GB @ $2.25/mo.

So Mr. Andrew, moving to ColoCrossing/ChicagoVPS, right?  You didn't deny it on the other thread, you evaded it.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Where are you getting used 1TB SSD's on ebay? Shiiit I couldn't even find 1TB samsungs new for less than $700 on ebay when we ordered.

The only time we ever ebay'd drives was during the floods. I wasn't willing to pay $200 for a 1.5TB that was just $60 the week prior. They all had 2+ years left on their warranty's which was more than the new drives were post flood. I'm not sure if you looked but post flood the warranty's were all 1 year. If anything, I came out much further ahead on it.

I'm sorry, I guess we are a hobby. I forgot we have to have 2 full data breaches to qualify in the big boys league.

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
What's the likelihood that Andrew shows up and suddenly Chris randomly appears at the same time?

You two dating and sharing an IP too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner